Campion 622 sedan

PappaG

I'm thinking of buying a 622 sedan with a 4.3L Volvo Penta 190hp engine. This boat weighs around 4300 lbs so I am a bit concerned that it might be under powered. Can anyone give me some guidance? Thanks in advance.

I had a 622wa (3800lbs) with that same power and it cruised at 30mph topped out about 43 and sipped fuel like a sparrow

I looked at one a few years back wen I was looking for a boat. Same power as you have stated. I am no expert but from the water test . The boat and power seemed fairly well matched. Boat was equipped with trim tabs but seemed to plane in a reasonable time with the tabs in a neutral position. Like I said I am no expert by any means but that was my experience. I was impressed with the way it handled a pretty good chop. mind you my previous boat was a 19ft bayliner so I had lots of room for things to get better in that department.

I have looked at many from twin outboards to diesel. There are a lot of things I liked about them but I don't like the rear door (plexiglass) and the inside carpet. The 4.3 should power it well

Our 622 only has the 170hp and it works well, so yours with 190 should be fine.
We love using the enclosed cabin to hide from the sun or rain when necessary.
It is a big enough boat for 3 people to do multiple over nighters, and is small enough to run it to wherever the fishing is hot.

Our 622 only has the 170hp and it works well, so yours with 190 should be fine.
We love using the enclosed cab in to hide from the sun or rain when necessary.
It is a big enough boat for 3 people to do multiple over nighters, and is small enough to run it to wherever the fishing is hot.

Thanks Smiley and to others who replied to my query. Your information is quite helpful.

PG

Back