Campion 542 and 622

With a 622 you can do almost anything - overnight cruises, fish, ski.
It's quite trailerable so you can drive to where the fish are. No big diesel truck required.

I had a 622 for about a year and a half. It was an I/o which caused me some headaches. I wouldn't get one unless it had an outboard. The boat had less than 200 hours and I ended up with a gas tank leak while 15 miles off ucluelet. This was a bit scary and was an expensive repair. Unlike higher end boats , the Campions don't have hatches to access the fuel tank. So I had to cut a hole in the floor and get it re glassed. Other than that it was a decent boat.

I have a friend with the Campion Victoria equivalent to the 622 i/o and he loves it. Great boat to fish out of. As with any motor i/o or outboard comes down to maintenance. I see a lot more 622 with inboards. The 542 is good for day trips but with the 622 could be taken on overnighters.

I had a 622wa prior to the grady and it was a great boat and very economical, The I/O created a lack of deckspace,
if I was to do again would look for an outboard, great boats tho

I have a 07 542 with a 150 Yamaha and love it. Great all around boat. Economical to run, easy to tow. Buy an 05 or newer , that's when the style changed.

I had a 2010 542 with a 150 Yam and thought it was a great boat for fishing two people. Cockpit is a good size for a 19.5' boat but the cuddy is small and the porta pot I had in there would only be useful if you were a contortionist or a small kid but it did provide dry storage and some security when locked. The 150 was perfect for this boat but do not go any smaller. I see 542's with 115's on the back and it just isn't enough motor for that hull. Great boat and I kinda wish I still had it.

My son just bought a 542 w/140 Suzuki after looking for a long time.I think it's the best boat in that size range out there,although they come at a pretty steep price these days.

I just bought a 2008 Campion 542 with a Merc Optimax 115, everyone says 115 hp to small, i have no problem with 3 guys and a load of hali gear , get's up on plane quick and cruises at 28 mph at 4200 rpm - was going to put a 150 E-tec on it, but going to think about it now. I don't need to go 40 mph.

I have a young family and plan on using the boat for both fishing and lake sports. I'll probably go with the 150 if I buy a 542.

I just bought a 2008 Campion 542 with a Merc Optimax 115, everyone says 115 hp to small, i have no problem with 3 guys and a load of hali gear , get's up on plane quick and cruises at 28 mph at 4200 rpm - was going to put a 150 E-tec on it, but going to think about it now. I don't need to go 40 mph.
Wow! thats pretty amazing performance from a 115

my question with a 622 WA when the boat is in the water tied to the dock what people have done to refuel the boat i have tried using one of those flow and go and find them more of a pain then helpful

with the fill hose coming out the back and having the kicker mounted their as well it is not easy to fuel with a funnel like if it was mounted on the side of the gunnels.

I never carried fuel and always just hit the fuel barge before leaving the marina, was never an issue

Back