Campbell River - Tyee Marine Fishing Report

Sushihunter

Just got this in my email an thought I should pass it on:

Tyee Marine

The sunny weather has given many locals a great opportunity to hit the open waters!!!

THE FISHING IS AMAZING!!!!

The Lighthouse, Hump, and Shelter Point are loaded with Winter Springs. Many weighing in the teens are being caught, but if you scroll down to the bottom of this e-mail, you will see a 30 pounder that was weighed in today (Dec. 30th) at our Campbell River location. This Winter Spring was caught by Brian Daly of Campbell River and Jason Schmidt of Saskatoon at Shelter Point. They were guided by Brian Devlin of 6 Pack Charters while trolling with anchovies and a

dummy flasher (off the downrigger cable) at 110’.

Other recommended lures for Winter Spring Trolling are; Needle fish (with flasher), 4” Coyote or Gypsy Spoons, and 4” Tomic Plugs.

Bait has also been working very well!!

You can also try jigging with smaller Point Wilson Darts or Minnows.

Prawning is excellent right now. Francisco Point, Hill Island and Hoskyn Channel are loaded with prawns.

Make sure to set your traps at about 300’ with a good mixture of dry food and Carlyle cat tuna.

Check the DFO web site for spot closures starting January 1st!!

We would really like to hear from you….Pease feel free to send us a fishing report any time!!

Happy New Year from all of the Staff at Tyee Marine

Looks like the photo won't copy - sorry about that.

Think i might head out tomorrow. Fransisco point for prawns and the hump or shelter point for the winters :)

crspring.jpg
[/IMG]

Now that is a fish to finish the year off with.....Got to wonder what the New Year holds...Guess I will have to find out.

Back