Campbell River transport

T

twister

Greetings from Guernsey Channel Islands UK!
my wife and I are visiting Sonora in July and need to get back from Campbell River to Victoria in the afternoon.
Does anyone know of a company who would drive us?
How long would a direct drive take??(the bus we found was 5-6 hours with a stop.)
Is there an airline that makes a direct trip???

(we have a car hire option in hand )
thanks
Jonny

jonny

thanks Lazoman
I have sent e mail request- just what I was looking for

the flights didn't seem suitable - not direct to Victoria that I could see

jonny

Pacific coastal does fly Campbell River (YBL) to Victoria (YYJ), but for the cost the shuttle might be better.

Pacific Coastal does not have a direct flight to Victoria, you would have to connect through Vancouver and the Victoria airport (Sidney BC) is not all that close to Downtown Victoria.

Another option would be the Malahat Via Rail train. It departs Courtenay about 40 km's south of Campbell River and takes you to Downtown Victoria. It is still almost 5 hours and I have never taken it, but is apparently quite scenic. Only goes once a day. http://reservia.viarail.ca/search/tripresult.aspx?t=D. The city buses from the two towns connect at Oyster River, or a taxi may be more suitable.

There is a shuttle bus to the Vancouver airport from Campbell River but not to Victoria as far as I know, so you would have to contact someone like the Airport Limousine in CR to see what they charge to go to Victoria. That being said, I'd think a one way car rental may be your best land option.

Another option for you Twister is a Chartered Floatplane, the two local operators are Corilair http://www.corilair.com/, and Vancouver Island Air. I think Corilair has a C185 that would be a little cheaper than a Beaver to charter, it could pick you up at Sonora and take you to Victoria. It is obviosly more pricey, but I'd bet still cheaper than Sonora's rates. Good Luck

many thanks indeed!!
we have explored all the options now. We have decided to hire a car and take our time and enjoy the drive - found some other good ideas but think we will be happy doing this and will have control over when and where this way - also the most cost effective by a long way apart from bus which is realy slow by the time it leaves,then with a change.

jonny

Back