Campbell river prawning report

I caught something yummy while out in boat. Mmmmmmm...:D

CA,I understand what you are saying.My point being that area closures could be due to inaccurate sampling data and not over fishing. If more information was given for an area closure it would answer our questions. Its not OK for the goldrush mentality, hence my point of sporties doing our part, releasing egg carriers and small prawns, keeping only our limits, reporting poachers,to keep the sport alive for the future.

I personally dont think two posts on this forum will deplete the stocks to closure status. Salmon Killer and I were not trying to deplete the West Coast sport prawn or force area closures, passing on some info to a limited fishing community, and your point was taken. If you take a look at previous posts, I did take your advice and only stated the area and whether we were successful or not.I think this should be general enough.

I think Wolf hit the nail on the head, we actually need a subject matter expert on this topic to come online and explain the prawns life cycle and area closures.

Thanks CA, anything to educate us sporties because thats what this forum is about, educate, help, advise,tips and tricks and letting out the occasional hot spot....lol.
Cant wait for you to post that.
Thanks

Thanks CA, I will check my email linked to this forum when I get home. Should I spray the document with lysol to get rid of any viruses...LOL. Will read and reply.

Thanks CA, a very useful chart and provided some very useful info which I will use when prawning. I have forwarded this to other sporties I know. Thanks again.

Talons

Back