Campbell River Marine Gas

I am boycotting all gas stations in Campbell River after the last ridiculous price jump. I wait till I'm down to 1/4 tank and go to Comox. Pay 138.9 in CR or 125.9 at Costco in Comox - your choice.

Yup, was just looking for a simple response - someone provided and I said thanks. Should have been as easy as that. No tangent's required.

BTW - something you might want to consider... E.g. Truck would burn ~22L of fuel (120km round trip @ 18L/100km); cost of ~$29 (if you fill up when in Comox and then when you return to CR). Fuel tank on boat is 220L. Cost savings between CR and Comox is ~$0.12/L = $26.40. Plus ~2 hours round trip dealing with all the hassle. People doing this haven't thought it through.

Everybodies economies will be diff but I think for the majority it isn't worth it.

Back to your scheduled programming.

boycott (ˈbɔɪkɒt)

— vb
1. ( tr ) to refuse to have dealings with (a person, organization, etc) or refuse to buy (a product) as a protest or means of coercion: to boycott foreign produce

Guess you missed my point. Sorry to have wasted your time. Have a nice life.

The other part to the equation. Once down there money that might have been spent locally in CR is now spent in Comox, Courtenay

boycott (ˈbɔɪkɒt)

— vb
1. ( tr ) to refuse to have dealings with (a person, organization, etc) or refuse to buy (a product) as a protest or means of coercion: to boycott foreign produce

Guess you missed my point. Sorry to have wasted your time. Have a nice life.

relax, it's Tuesday after the Thanksgiving long weekend...

Back