Campbell river 2013.

Another great day out at the CR hump, two teeners in the box and lost one, not bad for a few hours on the water. Lots of boats out and saw a few nets so others did well too!

Fished the Iron Mines this morning (the wall just south of Lund) 4 in the tub and home by 8. Didn't get the first one into the rod holder and fish on. Nothing big, all 10-12 lbs. One white in the bunch. Everyone had nets in the water. Heard Grants has been producing as well.What a June it has been so far.

out last night at the hump and all i can say is wow, fished for 4 hours we had 4 double headers all springs and it was hard to get your gear thru the coho at times. Best fishing I have had at the hump in 12 years!!!!

Now I don't know what to do..... French Creek or Campbell River. I think French Creek cause there are no Oak Bay boats down there. Guess this is why Oak Bay boats have not been around the Comox area this year.

It's been 20+ years since I've experienced Coho fishing like this. Very nice to see. Does anyone know how long The Coho will stick around? I have to be away for a week, and am hoping there will be some coho still around .

We were out in front of the lighthouse last Sunday for 20min and got a nice 12 lb Spring. Green hoochies at 230 feet. On Thursday we trolled 20 min and got one Coho and a 25lb Spring 160 feet and 230 feet in about 240feet of water. Tried to repeat that Friday night but it was a bust. Today took the family to the Willow point reef and looked at 10000 starfish.

Pretty good start to summer

Fished the hump today, took 3 hatchery coho, 1 teener spring. Lots and lots of coho around, not so many hatchery. All fish taken between 120-140 feet on green splatterback hootchies.
RCA

Fished sat and sun at the green can and hump. Both places thick with coho but you have to work for your hatchery fish. 170 ft army truck spoon

They really need to allow us to keep unclippd hatchery coho. This is just stupid having coho so thick and have to toss back so many just to find one that someone clipped.

Heading over Thursday night for the long weekend. Have to bring my boat over, as my buddy got a recall notice from Honda about his engines. So his boat is out of commission on blocks at the shop. He was jumping for joy when I said I ended getting reservations on the ferry to haul my boat. Apparently the fishing is hot and he hasn't been able to get out for a couple of weeks. At least I get free moorage for the weekend, seeing as he doesn't need it :D. I'll post up a report when I get back. Hopefully the fishing is as good as he says it is.

tons of coho at 0 - 50 ft, can't keep them off of the rod!it's been fantastic!so many wild coho but managed to keep a few hatchery .coyote spoons and any old hoochie does the trick.

Out at the hump today, one keeper spring (12 lbs), 4 hatchery coho, plus released a dozen or so wild coho's. All at 120 feet. cant say how others did as we wer in a big boat so way stayed way far away.

Fished Friday 11-7pm, Saturday 5am-noon, Sunday 4:30am-10:30am, Monday 5am-8:30am. Fishing was pretty good for us. Friday we managed to get 3 chinook, biggest about 17lbs, and 1 nice hatchery coho to the boat. Saturday another 3 chinook up to 15 lbs and another coho. Sunday we limited out on Chinook. Biggest was 21 lbs. Sunday got another 2 chinook and 1 coho. Monday finished with a nice 18lb spring and a ling cod.

All fish were caught at the hump and the lighthouse. Pretty much all fish were caught below 200' as well. We found there were way fewer coho if you went deep. We weren't really targeting coho anyway. We fished at the green can for a bit, but didn't have much luck there, so moved back to the hump.

Gotta get the wife to allow me to go back in the next few weeks. Fishing was a lot of fun and there was lots of action. Saw quite a few double headers out there. Hopefully it continues. Would love to get back when the bigger springs show up. All the springs we caught we either white or marbled, except for 1 red.

Back