Cabins in near Victoria

Captain Dudds

I have a friend who is hosting her central Canadian family, 15 total, for about 3 days and wants to do some fishing. One option she is considering is hali fishing in Victoria but wants the coastal experience of a nice little cabin on the water. Anybody know of anything like that in the area? Especially something a guide could just pick them up at. O also are there typically feeders around then? Are you guides typically doing hali/salmon combo trips?

She doesn't know the exact dates yet or I'd see who from the site is available, but once they line it all up, hopefully one of you locals will have an opening.

thanks,

Geoff

Dudds, fishing is good in April, both hali and springs. Anywhere from Oak Bay to Sooke. Lot's of guides and they will do combos. And it does not get more sheltered than here compared to west coast. Cabins near the water however that will be tough. Your best best might be if someone rents out a whole house in Sooke. Not sure if there is such thing as daily house rental...

If it was a smaller party I would have said the Ty Collwyn Waterfront Retreat in Sooke. (www.stayinsooke.com) They have 2-2 bedroom cabins on a quiet/private property with a dock for pickup onsite. Hot tubs, barbi's etc. Only $160.00 per night for a party of 2, they sleep 4 to 6 people each.

I'd give arbutus cove a call beautifull cabins on the water,as well as dock for pick up.

Blackfish B&B is in front of Muir Creek, some pretty good fishing right there. However, they don't have a dock. They can accommodate big groups though, with both a house and cabin. Worth giving them a call maybe...
blackfishbedandbreakfast@telus.net
Phone: 250-642-6864

Salty Towers in Sooke has several separate cottages, and a dock with charter guys on on it. However, not sure they can accommodate a group that big.
www.saltytowers.com
Email: info@saltytowers.com
Phone: 250-642-2632250-642-2632

There's several larger lodge-type properties in Renfrew that I think can accommodate large groups, and it would not be far to the dock. But off-hand, I'm not sure which ones. Depends too on what time of year you're thinking of.

Back