Buy your coyote's now!

Sure you can have them on a flasher, I would imagine most people do. Sometimes you can have them without (depends on how many fish are around your boat). You can also setup a flasher on your downrigger, (lower down), and then maybe 2-10' above it, have your flasher floating around it, but usually further behind the flasher. Then when you get a strike, and you fight your salmon, you don't have the flasher, it's just you and the salmon! Good luck, spoons can setup behind a flasher just like you would with anchovies, (anywhere from 2'-8'), depends where you're fishing. (Try a few different lengths!)

quote:Originally posted by SIR

I make sure that every Coyote I buy has the extra little willow leaf blade on the split ring with the hook. Each tackle shop decides what color patterns and hook/blade setups they want. LJ is now also allowing individual tackle shops to create "custom" lure colors. Sam at PRO has added a few darker black spots to the Wonderbread and called it a Procrastinator. So expect more confusion as shops ply custom coyotes....

FYI Kipper the wonderbread is a creamy colored spoon with rainbow colored dots over it. They are all handpainted so they are all a little different and I'm color blind so not the best person to be descibeing spoon colors :)
The name Wonder Bread comes from the fact that the lure looks like a package of Wonder Bread in a grocery store.
For dealers to get custom colors now they have to order 144 pcs where in the past before Normark purchased Luhr Jensen it was 72 pcs. The program has also changed to the point where a dealer will have to order now for 2008 to have any chance of getting a custom color. You will see the custom color program slowly disappear over the next few years due to volume neeeded. Coyote spoons have stock numbers like 5841-040-0188 etc. If the last 4 digits begin with a 5 like 5628, it is a custom color and if the spoons you like happen to have this sort of number on them you better purchase now because they will become hard to get later this summer. Color slike Bad attitude, Party Girl, Naesty Boy, Purple Haze, Purple Fog,Night Rider, and many otherws aare custom colors and they will not be available all year has inventory at first distribution then dealerr level runs out. Be aware of this if you like Coyote spoons.

So does wonderbread work for Springs?
sorry but that is a strange color pattern and really does
not look like any baitfish i have ever seen.

We've already put about 40 in the boat this year on Wonderbread's. They are my #1 producing spoon!!!

I'm not going to question this one.... it just works....

when the cop car first came out about 5 or 6 years ago, i swore by them lately the fish don't seem interested.:(
Maybe the wonderbread is worth a try, what size are you using ?
for winters or summer run springs ?

We use them year round in 5's. I fish all spoons in the winter and 50/50 spoons and hootchies in the summer.

Let me know if it works for you. They are my money maker :D

has anyone tried mepps little wolf spoons? just picked some up in 3/4 oz. size ,will replace trebles with siwash and let you know.

i have a story for the cop car spoons
I bought one the friday evening at gone fishing, dragged it around saturday morning got a few smaller fish . Then i hit a big spring the saturday night and the split ring connecting the hook to the spoon split and lost my big fish. Not even a day old. I was choked. I was actually thinking about writing to Luhr Jensen and complaning. Who knows maybe the chinese have already taken over regarding the quality of the spoon i purchased???

the hooks aren't great and neither are the split rings, i would like to know the hook manages to weasel its way off the split ring though.[xx(]

i guess its likely the eye of the hook just seperates and it comes off.

but come on:(

quote:Originally posted by Time

Non fur bearing coyotes are made by Luhr Jensen, available everywhere fine tackle is sold, even Cdn Tire.
Cop Car is your basic black and white, used to good effect to get Mr Salmon to pull over and take a bite.
No tackle box is complete without the Watermelon, Wonderbread, and Funky Chicken.
Interestingly, the LJ site doesn't show all the wonderful colour combinations available. Nor do the Coyotes shown have the small silver blade at the tail. I've had the feeling that it was the addition of the blade at the tail that made the Coyotes the go to spoon.

I've always taken that fake tail off. The first time I saw it split the split ring and start unhooking the hook from the lure it was history. Damb if the coyote's go to hell I guess I'll have to remeber how to roll a Chove ;)

Yea i was quite suprised when it happened. It didnt quite make sense to me, all that was left when i reeled the slack line in was my spoon no split ring or hook.

Got to use Tomic spoons. There's also those Oki spoons. Work like a damn. Welded rings, stainless steel Eagle Claws, finishes are far superior. ROCK on.

RIP Coyotes unless you find old stock out there, then buy 'em all out and hide 'em for your use and your use only.

Back