Bute Inlet/Sonora Island/Stuart Island

Honey Badger

Has anyone fished around the head of Bute Inlet/Sonora Island/Stuart Island? Heading up there in a couple weeks with some fellas from Calgary. Staying at the Denham Bay Resort and heard it is a beautiful area but don't know the first thing about that area. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Winning fish in Campbell River derby last weekend came from Hall Pt.
Less than 5min run from where you will be staying..we were at Little Dent last weekend and fished it but came up mt
Another tip not that there were alot of fish around..but watch for Sonora Lodge Gradys

Last edited:
Talk with the owner Pete Geneau, long time guide in the area and will give you solid advice

Thanks for the advice fellas..........mostly targeting Chinook this time of year? I heard there were some great Ling Holes around that area......Hole in the Wall and Okisollo Channel? Anyone fish these areas for bottom fish?

I talked to Peter this morning. Sounds like a solid guy. We are staying in his cabins. He said it was slow up in Bute Inlet this morning however.........

alot of rca/ closed areas around okisollo and north quadra,, check your regs for the area for sure.

salmon in that area is all about tides...hall point low slack
i have always done well at denam (sp) bay on the flood.. 90'-120' on a green/white hootchies.

denham bay resort? is that the newish cabins with a common cook area?
we used to tie up to there dock while it was being built. cool spot.

Has anyone fished around the head of Bute Inlet/Sonora Island/Stuart Island? Heading up there in a couple weeks with some fellas from Calgary. Staying at the Denham Bay Resort and heard it is a beautiful area but don't know the first thing about that area. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

When will you be there. I will be there the June 23-26th.

Yeah those are those Cabins. Heading there June 26 to 29th......you'll have to give us the fishing report we will be crossing paths......hopefully you find them.

Back