Buddy Heaters

The one element buddy heater is $65 and the larger two element is $89 at princess auto in langford. Plus all there other heaters are discounted as well.

So you guys run these heaters in your boats or what? I have wanted to run a little on board heater but have been paranoid about fuel and fumes and whatnot. The one thing that kept me from spending the night on board is the dew in the morning. One of these heaters would be great for that but im also paranoid about co2 from the burner and oxygen depletion. ..

These heaters are great for fishing but I would not use it for sleeping.
Do it right or don't do it.

They all have a built in O2 sensor and tilt sensor that will shut it off.

I use mine all the time at night when sleeping in the cabin. They generally run out of propane before the morning. Great heaters! The one with the fan is fantastic and really spreads out the heat and is great for drying things out on wet days.

Probably just for liability reasons, but the company says you shouldn't use it while sleeping. They also don't have marine or boat listed as one of the uses for these heaters. Also probably a liability thing, but obviously caution and common sense should be used when running one of these guys.

I wonder if insurance would cover a fire or accident caused by one of these? They might argue that the heater was used for something that it was not intended for. I don't think I'd sleep well not knowing the answer to that question.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you go to sleep and the o2 sensor doesn't work........you're probably never going to find out about it anyway.......

They are ok to use indoors in the US just not in Canada. Look on the backside they are able to be hung on walls in your cabin.

They are ok to use indoors in the US just not in Canada. Look on the backside they are able to be hung on walls in your cabin.

Those americans are tough bugg'rs being able to breath that carbon dioxide with no ill effect..... ;)

Back