Browns Bay Drauma

Tundra

I have my boat moored at BB went out this afternoon around 2 came back around 7 and it was mayhem at the dock.They are doing some work there and the breakwater has been moved in and tied of at the fuel dock,when i got in the walkway going to the the restrooms and store was hanging in the water looked like the fuel lines had been ripped apart ( there were containment booms everywhere) the restaraunt was sinking, they had several thrash pumps going trying to keep it afloat.it was crazy there was a lot of people running everywhere screaming and freaking out,hope my boat is still there tomorrow LOL.Fortunatly they have a webcam there and i can keep an eye it.

Wow-- looks like quite a mess.. Half of the breakwater draped over the fuel dock and the other half high and dry on the south shore. Any word if any boats were damaged?

Now this is interesting as of 13:05 tugs and a crane are re positioning the tanks

Last edited by a moderator:
i was told last week if i needed fuel to get it before Tuesday,they had planned on taking the white building out of where it was.They had a tug there working on the breakwater may be replacing chain and rope anchors who knows.IMHO I think when they removed the breakwater and laid it against the fuel dock the wind and tide put to much stress on all those structures and tourqued them all cockeyed breaking a bunch of stuff

Was told today that 3 cruise ships went by few nights ago and there wake took out the breakwater,tug came in to reanchor and hooked on to the wrong rope somewhere and ended up pulling the fuel dock away from the the other buildings and broke the fuel lines and made a right good old mess of everything

Back