Broken fishing rod

Brett83

Coming back from active pass on Saturday morning I screwed up a bit. I didn't really read the forcast. I knew It was supposed to pickup in the afternoon I crossed over at the crack of light in lake like conditions. By 830 or 900am I noticed it picked up a bit. The ride home was nasty, waves breaking sideway onto my boat. I was alone so physically with the help of the suspension seats I could handle some bumps. The the problem was if I went too slow the front would dip in the swell, the spray made it impossible to see. When I picked up the speed it was better visibility but hard on the boat. All the stuff shifted off the racks, stuff was scattered everywhere. It ended up my Sage rod broke in half.. Bummer, but when I went to warranty it, there was no problem. But the boys at the shop told me it's common knowledge that if it gets super gnarly out there the rods shouldn't be in the transport holders, they should be wrapped up and stored in the gunnel. It makes sense, those rods would have been whipping hard. Has anyone else experienced this?

Sage is excellent with their warranties! I have 9140 Spey Rod that I got in the early 2000's and they warrantied it twice no problem. Best in the business!

Back