Bragging Rights Photo Op

Well done Mr. Stizzla, you’ve clearly arrived and in only a few short years. Don’t stop there go get a Tyee!

Not a bad little spring put up a decent scrap to.
This is the main reason why I brought this thread back from the depths... I thought the SFBC newbies can show off their skills! It’s a hoot to see these tanks!!!

I may have caught an all time best today but how do we define who caught it a bit tricky. I rigged up the anchovy put it on my rod, set the depth and when the fish hit I picked up the rod set the hook and passed the rod to a friend. Who then preceded to give me the rod after 10 mins and one bloody nuckle. I then played the fish for 10 mins and could not make it budge the rod completely bent over . So handed it to my dad who is more stubborn and patient then any fish after about another 10 mins and about 10 times to the boat I netted the fish. A beautiful 28 pounder.

Attachments

• 5F975F18-24BB-4E7F-8AE1-0D39509A495A.png
    5F975F18-24BB-4E7F-8AE1-0D39509A495A.png
    1,019.7 KB · Views: 207
  • C7B2975D-93FA-4313-8FF7-A6B3C054CF23.png
    C7B2975D-93FA-4313-8FF7-A6B3C054CF23.png
    938.3 KB · Views: 201
I may have caught an all time best today but how do we define who caught it a bit tricky. I rigged up the anchovy put it on my rod, set the depth and when the fish hit I picked up the rod set the hook and passed the rod to a friend. Who then preceded to give me the rod after 10 mins and one bloody nuckle. I then played the fish for 10 mins and could not make it budge the rod completely bent over . So handed it to my dad who is more stubborn and patient then any fish after about another 10 mins and about 10 times to the boat I netted the fish. A beautiful 28 pounder.

Is that 28lb a clipped fish?

If you leave out the story and say I caught a 28lber today, it was a hell of a battle... then you have defined who caught it. Or who's license did it go on?

love the adopted brother with the bloody knuckle .As for whoms fish it is up to the skipper, cuz the skipper can put you on shore with tack and take the fines.your fish all the way.lead by example .good work

Hi Steplift,
Nice fish.....I see that you were fishing out by Bajo for this one.....Spent a few days there this week too...Can be pretty good there....
Thanks it was one of my biggest springs and definitely #1 on the salt. Not exactly sure of where Bajo is but if it’s on the top end of Dundas that’s the spot. I do really good in a few certain spots there dad and I spent lots of time and effort developing a technique to be successful.

Tight lines

Ok I got one for you. It's not a fish, but I caught it in the water.

Some might think it's fake, but it anit. That rod in my hand, is spoiled with 200# braid. On the end is a large treble hook with ~12 ounces of lead melted around it.

My wife got me a surprise 30th birthday gift. Told me a couple hours before it was time to go to the airport. She sent me down to Mississippi. 3 hr drive to Natches & 30 min boat ride to a base camp. On private land 12
Not my biggest but memorable, super super slow day last year July 2022 in sooke out of nowhere this beauty hit then 3 more back to back similar size very quick picture and relased.

View attachment 93440
Looks like you could hardly contain yourself. Kidding… awesome catch!

In 2022 I spent September targeting coho out off Macaulay point on a 16' rowing dory. 🚣‍♂️ No down-rigger, so achieving any depth occurred during rest breaks. 🍺 Finally baptized the boat October 1st 2022. I had circled over a large bait ball a number of times marking fish below it but no takers. 🐟🐟 Decided enough was enough, turned back towards Fleming Beach and wham, the fight was on. After ten or twelve good runs the spring came alongside only for me to miss the first net attempt resulting in quite the tangle in my other line. Luckily it was docile, as on the successful second attempt it only fit 2/3rds of the way in my net. Managed to haul it over the side and into the bin. Felt good after releasing wild coho for the previous couple of weeks.
Thanks to everyone who've been sharing tips on the forum. Achieved my PB spring: 28 lbs. It was a white male.
I now have a bigger net. Looking to improve on last year.
PBspring.jpg

Back