Bow rail repair

Ground Tackle

Can any of you guys recommend someone on the island (preferably Nanaimo to Victoria) who can cut the rail between two stanions and weld in a new rail piece in. We had a stupid thing happen.....ugh.....don't ask but see picture attached. No damage to stanions but thinking that can't be straightened out! Any ideas? Thanks

Attachments

• 20190816_110425.jpg
    20190816_110425.jpg
    347.5 KB · Views: 129
Easy DYI project. Google boat railings, lots of parts available on line. Most good marine supply stores carry parts, even amazon. Come on tell us the story, good luck!

Yeah, insurance is now involved.....ok, so we will fess up on what happened....completely stupid, mind fart thing. Pulled the boat out of the water, husband ALWAYS (up to this one time - and now last time) has a set order of how he does stuff, you know, this, then this, then this. Well, he broke the order he does stuff in and got side tracked with something for a few minutes - then went back to finish, picked up where he thought he had left off and missed one of his steps. Which was taking the bow line off....so 15 minutes down the road boom and we are WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT ....bow line lifted up flew over the rail, down on the ground and into or under one of the tires of the trailer.....line snapped but this is the result to the railing. I guess could have been worse - the cleat could have been ripped right out of the boat. Well....you can guess his shock when he looked back and then has been kicking himself since about not sticking to his 'routine'. I have been married long enough to have learned to say NOTHING!!

You are a great wife. The problem is already identified and it’s not good saying anything at all only makes it worse and doesn’t fix the problem. **** happens and no one was hurt except his pride.

Thanks for the story, great lesson for all of us. I hate when I get interrupted when I am going through my checklist be it at the ramp or on the driveway.

Back