Bottom paint shop

fortyfour

Does anyone have a recommendation for a place or person to do the bottom paint job on a 21ft fibreglass boat? Somewhere close to Victoria.

Cheers

do you mean anti-foul paint or actually gelcoating of the bottom? If its anti-foul, its incredibly easy to slap it on yourself, won't take more then a couple of hours tops.

do you mean anti-foul paint or actually gelcoating of the bottom? If its anti-foul, its incredibly easy to slap it on yourself, won't take more then a couple of hours tops.

I figured it would be most of a day to clean, prep, sand, paint, ect and I dont really have a place to do that anymore. Also I dont own boat jack stands that had made the job fairly easy last time. I just figured a trip to town(by ferry) just to buy supplies will eat up most of a day for me. Thought it made sense to get someone at a boat yard all set up for the process could get it done quick and easy and painless for me.

ya maybe - if you are just talking anti-foul paint all that you need to do is give it a scrub and/or power wash, let it dry and slap the paint on. After it dries you can jack one side of the boat at a time and paint under the rollers or bunks - car jacks work fine for this. Its easier then you think I promise.

called Jenkins they are going to get my boat done starting monday morning. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction guys. For the price I think its well worth it!

I was quoted $630 for pressure wash prep and paint. My main engine trim pump failed so my leg was in the water for a few months at the end of the season so will need some extra hours of scrapping will probably cost a bit more up to 4hrs extra they said.

Back