BOATING LICENSE CHANGES?

dont know if anyone has heard about this year but check out this crap AND massive cash grab yet again

I have no issues with ongoing education and heightened requirements for all boat operators. Every 5 years seems reasonable for testing and a reasonable administration fee is to be expected. When irresponsible, uneducated and ill-prepared boaters are taken off the water, it will be better for the rest of us.

Entire program is a joke.
Does absolutely nothing to curb fools & accidents.

Thankfully the SVOP trumps this BS every single time.

Nog
Right? I need at minimum a PCOC and if I’m hauling folks around a svop and other training and some assclown can rent a high power speed boat with a 20 minute walk through? No wonder some idiot parks his boat in a houseboat or runs over another boater/jet skier every year. I’m all for butt clowns having to take the pcoc. They may only rent a boat once a year for a few days but it’s year after year. And SVOP is for life so at least there’s that.

Last edited:
Lol 5k for a 5 year PCOC essentially. Yikes.
I think that $5K is for the course operator, not that a boat owner would have to pay that. The implication may be that the courses operators would pass the increased cost on to the consumer, although it doesn't say what the current cost is. It does say that boat operators would possibly have to pay a fee to Transport Canada every 5 years, but no indication how much. So that's not so great, but I don't see anything to panic about in this article. Must be a better source of info on this somewhere...

Right? I need at minimum a PCOC and if I’m hauling folks around a svop and other training and some assclown can rent a high power speed boat with a 20 minute walk through? No wonder some idiot parks his boat in a houseboat or runs over another boater/jet skier every year. I’m all for butt clowns having to take the pcoc. They may only rent a boat once a year for a few days but it’s year after year. And SVOP is for life so at least there’s that.
the boat part of the svop is forever but to hold it you must keep your first aid up. the old course was good for three years. New rules: good for 5 years now. i hope the walkthrough temp boat licence thing gets gone.. even in bam it happens with rental boats. scary.

I think it’s a good idea that boat renters have to have it, just not a walk thru. It’s like renting a car you need a drivers license to rent one,just not a 20 walk thru coarse

Back