boat mountable flasher holder

Hey gidyup one slam dessrves another, what can I say. Were grown men. Classy feedback is always appreciated. Knock the product and the price, but to deliberatly quote he that you going to steal my idea, that was low. As for future customers, the smart ones will have them and high tide can hit his buddys up in the fab to make them for him on the company time.
good luck with them, hope you make a million bucks

You will make lots of money on this!! Just keep your advertising to the WN, OR, CA, AZ...etc registered boat #'s. Also as Lorne stated, I would hire an advertising rep rather than doing that yourself. My .02

Holy cow, tough crowd. What does $40 buy you these days anyways? Lots of people would buy these as gifts for, say Fathers Day or a birthday or Christmas. We all know the OCD types who keep things immaculate, now here's something that looks slick and keeps things tidy.
I think they're a great idea and would like to see more ideas like it!

So who should I get my kids to contact so I get a nice Fathers Day gift?

Leo

You will make lots of money on this!! Just keep your advertising to the WN, OR, CA, AZ...etc registered boat #'s. Also as Lorne stated, I would hire an advertising rep rather than doing that yourself. My .02

you guys are the heavy hitters, I know it. I threw it up to get the pros feedback. Distribution deals are in the works. The product and the cost are not for everybody, but it does speak for itself. Some will buy them, some not. Just want to see if its something the guys would use. Time will tell.

Hi Leo,

Thanks Leo, my thoughts exactly. I hate the flashers in the bucket, bags, tackle box, boat hatches etc.. That is why I designed it. I have two in my boat and I see my colours and bait at a glance. In the morning I load up the arsenal and away I go. I am a regular working stiff in White Rock bc. If you want to leave me your contact info I would be glad to set-you up.

Flasher holder - great idea,

Slamming a potential customer for saying he will build his own - bad idea.

Trying to justify your actions while you "free spam" your product on a web page before you are even a contributing member - even worse idea.

You did however find a great way to alienate other potential customers. I'll make my own if I decide its worth it. Thanks for the idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great concept, hope it goes well for ya

Just by chance did ya try my buddy's shop @ CSL plastics a try in the manufacturing, they are quite reasonable in pricing which may transfer to the consumer

But I know in any venture the first volume is a no money maker until the production line rolls with orders
Best of luck

Kh

Hey gidyup one slam dessrves another, what can I say. Were grown men. Classy feedback is always appreciated. Knock the product and the price, but to deliberatly quote he that you going to steal my idea, that was low. As for future customers, the smart ones will have them and high tide can hit his buddys up in the fab to make them for him on the company time.

Or you could just take the criticism in stride and not post back. Spend more of your time working on the product and getting it out there promoting it etc. instead of wasting it on here bickering back and forth. Just sayin'. Lot's of folks copy other peoples idea's that is what patents are for. If someone was to copy a product for their own use and not for resale then all the power to them. I do it all the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering the relatively small market segment, and how the Canadian sporting goods distribution system is put together with manufacturer, manufacturer reps, wholesalers and retailers - each needing to make their share before it ends up in the hands of end users, there has to be a healthy gross margin or you may just as well forget it.

My boating/fishing bucks are limited these days, so for now I have to prioritize - spending the money on what actually takes where I want to go - gas, ferry tickets, etc., but I don't see $40 being unreasonable. The design looks sleek and if your packaging is good, that goes a long way.

Best of luck, I really hope you make a profitable business out of it.

johan

OMG ..... LOL ...... BEST GROW SOME LONG COD SKIN "OWCATERING" ...... ya I stole your idea, production has started, multiple flasher style ..... to heck with 4 .. 1 / 2 the cost of yours ...... lifetime warranty ........... OGG !LOL ..... what some guys get there line all tangled up about ......... guess this is where I apologize for being so terrible.

HT

good luck with it going big ?

but you may get a few sales
now do one for spoons and you may get a better market but that's my baby
so royalties to me now please....lol

This is a great product for less than a 24 at BCL proven to work by a fisherman that I know very well(catches LOTS of fish) and I know it will work for everyone that is serious about keeping their stuff organized and clean. Who wants or has the time to waste on building one yourself when you can go out and buy this and get on the water. Less than an hours wages come on boys give the guy some credit you know your just gonna basterdize a piece of plastic that looks like #### drill a bunch of holes and then go buy it anyways. I know at least three boats in my neighborhood of 10 houses that would buy two each, for the rest of the population a couple extra hours at Burger King and you could have one too. Good luck brother I know you will make it happen. Tofino sounds good haha.

oh SFBC, why do we always jump on someone trying to make a new product for our market.

So many complain about the $40 price! PNT sells those cheap flasher cases for like 30 bucks...or flasher bags, they are $30 too before taxes. Its NOT just a piece of plastic with holes. Working in the manufacturing industry, and NOT burger king, I can tell you that products like this don't happen over night. There are so many logistical challenges, finding suppliers, wholesalers, building a website, marketing, sales ect ect ect...who the hell thinks these things come for free!??

I disagree with the pissing match, saying you will rip off the product because you can...ya thats business, but it's ****** business! Build it for yourself sure, but to go on saying you will build the same product for half the price is pathetic, lazy and downright shady. I can think of little else on the boat that costs less than $40, aside from spoons and hoochies. But like he said a FLASHER is almost $20. I custom ordered from OK'I a box of 12 and they STILL came to $18/piece.

Why can't those who disagree with a new product either keep it shut, or keep it civil...I don't see why he won't sell this product. It's not for me, but still it looks marketable and has a chance to be successful. My guess is they are not being made in China, and as a result, you have to deal with North American wages, where people are payed $25 an hour to sweep floors.

No one complains about Tomic spoons @ $10+ and I'm pretty sure their margins aren't bad, and the mark-up is considerable.

I don't think people have a problem with the price, I think they have a problem not coming up with such a simple, useful idea first.

Good Luck to you OWCatering. Take the BS as constructive critisim and keep working hard at it. As a small businessman facing the same odds, I wish you all the best.

-FB-

OMG FB you too now...... GROW SOME HALLI SKIN YOU OVER your SENSITIVE human FISHERS skin.......

So because so many find it high priced, big deal, a statement is made by me, good idea but i will make my own thanks. Ya full blown production .... give your heads a shake. Good on the guy to try, and frankly I hope it works for him and he gets rich and can laugh at guys like me so what ! Toooo many to mention here and every where that will take an idea, modify it to fit there own needs, and make it work BIG DEAL !

I truly don't want yet another piece of clutter attached to my inner hull, when I can just reach inside a compartment pull out any color size or design I want, to save myself 30 seconds.

Untangle your lines many of you man oh man ......

HT

Don't get me wrong HT, I don't even disagree with you, and I didn't mean to have it seem I was directly pointing my frustration at you. I just know what it takes to build a product, in Canada. Nobody is in business to NOT make money. If he spent however many thousands to build the molds to form that piece of plastic, in theory, if he only makes 1 piece from that mold, it is worth that many thousands of dollars. To think that a (what appears to be) one man operation can produce a rock-bottom, china-competitive price for a product, right from the start, is ludacris.
So considering what he is up against, I think a little slack should be cut. You can still say the price is high, and I'm happy you do, but to further knock the product, I don't understand. After a few successful seasons of sales, I wouldn't doubt the price would drop. But given what seems like constant rising material costs, its doubtful.

I guess thats why we all have opinions.

Like someone in the service industry, the people they serve never know how hard it is. Manufacturing is no different. And again, nobody is in business to lose money.

-FB-

Back