Boat Launches Open/Closed

Was at Pedder Bay ramp yesterday at around 9am. I was the only boat/trailer there at the time. Was told by the young lady as she slightly opened the door that the ramp fee was waived for April. Some of these locations must be really hurting by now. The Hali's were in isolation yesterday as well.

McDonald's should be open. I spoke to the woman from city of Richmond who is responsible for that facility and she says it will remain open unless people are not obeying the social distancing instructions. Not sure why they are closing the bought ramps. Never seen a social gathering or party on a boat tramp before.

McDonald's should be open. I spoke to the woman from city of Richmond who is responsible for that facility and she says it will remain open unless people are not obeying the social distancing instructions. Not sure why they are closing the bought ramps. Never seen a social gathering or party on a boat tramp before.

I’ve seen some pretty nasty boat tramps get piled on pretty good.

Any idea what launches are open in the Cow Bay/Mill Bay Area?

Planning on towing a boat from Hardy tomorrow to my home in Cobble Hill

Will leave it hear if I can’t use it down there.

Want to give the family another option during this **** storm

Any idea what launches are open in the Cow Bay/Mill Bay Area?

Planning on towing a boat from Hardy tomorrow to my home in Cobble Hill

Will leave it hear if I can’t use it down there.

Want to give the family another option during this **** storm
The ramp in hardy is closed as well?

Ya.....it’s in my neighbourhood, walked down this morning and it’s all blocked off.
The whole Burrard area including the Launch and Marina is city property. Why can you leave the Marina with your boat but not be able to launch your boat it just doesn't seem to be very equitable. But I guess it is the city and they don't really give a crap. I hear they are asking the Province for 200 million though so I hope they get treated in a likewise manner. Guess I will have to go to Richmond and visit McDonald Launch.

Sewells in HB is open from what I have seen this week. But it does seem like a drop and dash scenario as guys use the ramp but I havent seen trailers around afterwards.

Back