Boat Insurance

Tiki35

Called Coastal Community Credit Union today to renew my boat insurance. They offer a unique policy through Pacific Marine. She said they will be at the Nanaimo boat show this Saturday and can quote and issue policies on the spot. Because my boat is valued under $35K, no survey or pictures were required.

Last edited:
i got one for the under 20k and it was 360.00

Was at Coastal Community Credit Union today renewing my boat insurance. They offer a unique policy through Pacific Marine. She said they will be at the Nanaimo boat show this Saturday and can quote and issue policies on the spot. Because my boat is valued under $35K, no survey or pictures were required.
what was the approx cost if you don't mind me asking, I'm in same position with needing to insure, value roughly 25k.

I have mine insured for 10k, 325 a year. 2 million liability, which I assume is where the bulk of the cost originates. This is through Seafirst Insurance, I think.

I have mine insured for $30K, it was $450 a year. In addition to the regular coverage:
I am covered for up to $10,000 for personal effects.
Reimbursement of Emergency Expenses up to $5000.
Loss of Use: If the Insured Vessel is damaged by an insured peril while you are on holiday, we will pay for a temporary substitute vessel while the Insured Vessel is being repaired up to a maximum limit of $2,500 per occurrence.
Search and Rescue: They will pay up to $5,000 for the reasonable expenses incurred for search- and-rescue operation in the event any person is lost at sea from the Insured Vessel.

Does anyone have insurance through a provider that offers month to month payments?
My boat is worth around 40K and I'd like coverage for personal effects, S&R and stuff like SeaTow

Tiki
Who do you have your boat insured with? Sounds better than mine.
Thanks
Stosh

I got mine at Coastal Community Credit Union and they do offer month to month payments.
They have 16 insurance branches on the island, but I just called their call centre and did everything over the phone. Couldn't have been more convenient.
I'll post the number if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
Thanks Tiki, I have requested a quote from Tara at Christie Phoenix and will see what it comes out to. If it's not quite what I was looking for I'll contact Coastal.

Back