Boat Crash near Parksville

The lady cop was all over me for my trailer. She measured everything and checked out the brakes. My fenders are 1 inch over width, and the motor stuck out to far from the trailer. So I need to have red flags and a over width permit for the trailer. She even had the tow truck driver stop at the scales to weigh the boat.

That's bs... especially treating you like a 16 yr old and saying your fenders are too wide.. I don't know anyone that has all those flags...

The lady cop was all over me for my trailer. She measured everything and checked out the brakes. My fenders are 1 inch over width, and the motor stuck out to far from the trailer. So I need to have red flags and a over width permit for the trailer. She even had the tow truck driver stop at the scales to weigh the boat.

Do you happen to remember what the allowable width is without needing a permit?

2.6 meters or 8.5 ft and 4600k or under or you need a house trailer endorsement or class 3 I believe.

8'6" and under 4600kg (10120 lbs) is legal, anything over this and you need flags; possibly permit and heavy trailer endorsement or class 1, 2 or 3. House trailer endorsement is just for RV's. If your motor sticks out more than a certain distance from the back of your trailer you also need flags on your motor(s). Anything over 9'10" you need beacon and wide load signs as well as the rest.

the 4600 kg is that just in relation to the trailer weight or the combined weight of truck and trailer?

yes, anything over 8'6 and red flags needed, permit needed over 9'...simple to get it tho.. lil cash grab after the ferry toll.

Up to 10'-4" all that is needed is permit and red flags on all.corners. At night you need amber and red lights. Over 10-4" it is a little more complex.

Back