bluefin tuna fishing on east coast, Pei

IMG_3156.jpghey everyone , giant bluefin tuna season is underway in PEI,Canada if anybody is interested in wrestling a 500-1200 lb bluefin, it is truly a thrill. you can check out my website at landnseatunacharters.com to get info and pictures. fish in pic is 1079 lbs.

Attachments

• Aug13183.jpg
    Aug13183.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 586
Last edited by a moderator:
if slivo wasn't planning a wedding,, he would be there

east coast

the fishing here is unreal right now, hand feeding 1000 lb giants beside the boat a lot of days.Population of tuna is best it has ever been,these beast will give you the fight of your life.GetAttachment-4.aspx.jpeg

This is a trip I would love to try some day soon. I have been reading and researching it for a while now. Thanks for starting a separate thread. The tuna trip thread was meant for BC albacore.

2012 Recreational Atlantic Tunas Retention Limits

[SIZE=-1]The daily retention limit that applies to Charter/Headboat vessels (when fishing recreationally) will be one school BFT (measuring 27 to less than 47 inches) AND one large school/small medium BFT (measuring 47 to less than 73 inches) per vessel per day/trip. For Angling category (private) vessels, the limit is maintained at the default level of one school, large school, or small medium BFT per vessel per day/trip, (i.e., one fish measuring 27 to less than 73 inches). In addition to the daily retention limit, vessels fishing North of Great Egg Inlet NJ are also allowed one ‘trophy’ BFT, measuring 73" or greater/vessel/year. The Trophy South quota (South of Great Egg Inlet NJ including the Gulf of Mexico) has been filled and is CLOSED. These BFT retention limits are effective for all areas, except for the Gulf of Mexico. The Gulf of Mexico is designated as a spawning ground for BFT and therefore NMFS does not allow recreational caught BFT to be retained while fishing in this area. The recreational yellowfin tuna daily retention limit is 3 yellowfin/person/day/trip. The minimum size for yellowfin and bigeye tuna is 27" curved fork length. There are no recreational limits for bigeye, skipjack or albacore tunas.

[/SIZE]

whats the going rate for the day?

From the posted site:

"Full Day Rate - $1250.00 / Day taxes included up to 6 people.

All fishing is catch and release"

http://landnseatunacharters.com/rates.php

Tried this on a few years back now with a commercial fisherman I know over there. G-Damn EXCITING alright! Landed two that trip, and it is something I'll never forget. Exhilarating to watch a 1,000 pound plus Monster tail-walk!! :D

Cheers,
Nog

From the posted site:

"Full Day Rate - $1250.00 / Day taxes included up to 6 people.

All fishing is catch and release"

http://landnseatunacharters.com/rates.php

Tried this on a few years back now with a commercial fisherman I know over there. G-Damn EXCITING alright! Landed two that trip, and it is something I'll never forget. Exhilarating to watch a 1,000 pound plus Monster tail-walk!! :D

Cheers,
Nog

Sounds awesome Nog. It's probably the only time you get to pee your pants and have a smile on at the same time lol!!!

rates

i also can offer a half day trip for $800.Which is around 4-5 hours.Includes sandwiches, snacks and beverages.A buddy of mine had a double hook up 2 days ago.
Guaranteed if you come here you will come back again.A lot of guys from alberta started coming a few years ago, now they are hooked.

An interesting item or two in this article..... anyone see the similarities to recreational halibut??? http://www.atlanticfisherman.com/stories.asp?id=5992

And just to clarify....
Tuna Oddity

Both albacore and bluefin are primarily caught on deep sea charter expeditions, but there are few trophy fish for one main reason--you can't keep them. You need a tidal, or deep sea, fishing license to fish for them. Even if you land one of these enormous fish (they can easily weigh over 900 pounds) you can't take them home. The fishing license belongs to the fishing boat and the captain is the sole owner of the catch. This anomaly applies only to the heavily regulated bluefin. There are plenty of other deep sea fish for which you must be licensed and get to take home. No similar restrictions apply on keeping West Coast albacore.

Read more: Tuna Fishing in Canada | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_6646814_tuna-fishing-canada.html#ixzz22az57nnw

Back