Blackhawks 2010-2011

5-0 Dallas........guys....seriously.....did you dance AT ALL????!?!?!? :p

It's time for a Turconian Chant!!!:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like they may be playing for 8th a bit early!! LOL

I wouldnt say enjoying it, not at your expense id be sad to if they got rid off all the good players from last year, They had a team that geled and played well then they dismantled it so they get what they deserve (the owners) not the players as they are the one caught in the middle.

Wolf

A little misplaced bravado there boys.:eek: I'll have to stop reading Canuck forums as it seems to be a concern for some. I didn't recognize that team in Hawk jerseys last night. But your right, it looks like they won't have to concern themselves with dropping any games for position if they continue to play like that.:( eman

I wouldnt say enjoying it, not at your expense id be sad to if they got rid off all the good players from last year, They had a team that geled and played well then they dismantled it so they get what they deserve (the owners) not the players as they are the one caught in the middle.

Wolf

Hey Wolf....to be fair you can't blame the dismantling on the owners as it is all part of the CBA/Cap era and the players are by far, not "stuck in the middle" as the NHLPA negotiated contract terms/rookie contracts etc under the CBA. It's just a "cap world" that both sides have agreed upon and there ARE going to be casualties due to it.

I understand the owners there now are 1000% better than what was there previously that did NOT want to spend money. They certainly did buck up offering Toews, Kane and Keith BIG extensions midway through the season last year and that is part of the reason for the dismantling. They all received BIG raises as Toews and Kane were coming out of their "rookie/newbie" contracts as per the CBA. Toews and Kane got $6 million dollar raises.....and their cap bit is also $6 million....Keith got a $6 million dollar raise as well....the Cap hit for these guys represents an extra ~$14-15 million.....when that happens, someone(s) has to go.

With Baffolian, they knew they weren't going to sign him.....and getting a first found pick wasn't so bad.

Here is what happened in the "dismantling"....and you can see where the salaries were going to push them when all of a sudden you have an extra $16million to account for.

Under pressure to fit the team's player salaries under the salary cap for the 2010-11 season, the team started making trades soon after winning the Stanley Cup. On June 24, the club traded Dustin Byfuglien, Ben Eager, Brent Sopel and Akim Aliu to the Atlanta Thrashers for Marty Reasoner, Joseph Crabb, Jeremy Morin, a first-round pick (#24 overall) in 2010 and a second-round pick (#54 overall) in 2010.[2] Later that same day, restricted free agent Colin Fraser was traded to the Edmonton Oilers for a sixth-round pick in 2010.[3] On June 30, 2010, the Toronto Maple Leafs also traded for right winger Kris Versteeg from Chicago in a five-player trade. The Maple Leafs gave up forwards Viktor Stalberg, Chris DiDomenico and Philippe Paradis. Toronto also acquired the rights to 21-year-old left winger Bill Sweatt, who was a second-round pick in 2007.[4] On July 1, 2010, the Blackhawks traded Andrew Ladd to the Atlanta Thrashers for Ivan Vishnevskiy and a second-round draft pick in 2011.[5] On July 9, 2010 Niklas Hjalmarsson was signed to an offer sheet by the San Jose Sharks, however the Blackhawks matched the offer on July 12, 2010,[6] thereby retaining his services and forgoing compensation from the Sharks for signing a restricted free agent. This signing again has put Chicago against the salary cap wall and will more than likely force Chicago to shed more salary.

dont let the management off toooo easy pips, how about campbells contract, way too high and now they cant offload him cause noooobody will take on his contract soo they have to ride that one out, and IMO he aint no seabrook or keith......holmes*

Campbell AND Hossa are way too big.....but they were also done by the ex-GM before Bowman took over. Those two contracts ARE DEFINITELY a sign that the new ownership is fine spending money. :p ;)

Dale tallon didn't have a clue about the salary cap when he dished out those contracts and now he's in Florida

big night eman and holmes!!

All 3 teams RIGHT BEHIND you in the standings are playing.....4 teams within 1 point!!

"If".....you lose, Calgary wins and Dallas/Anaheim goes to OT.....with Dallas winning in OT.....you could end up in 10th before bedtime tonight!!! :eek: :p

Sharp out for the season they figure , back for the play-offs , maybe sooner , from nhl.com

on a better note , Campbell will be most likely back tonite , no matter how crappy his contract might be to most , he does make the team better ,
the games i have seen him in this year , hes played quite well ...

fd

Last edited by a moderator:
on a better note , Campbell will be most likely back tonite , no matter how crappy his contract might be to most , he does make the team better ,
the games i have seen him in this year , hes played quite well ...

fd

Agreed.....the team IS better with him in the line up and I don't think you'll get much arguement on that one FD.

As you alluded to....I think most people judge/comment on Campbell based on his contract which most will say is more than he is worth. There is no denying he is a pretty good d-man....it's just what he is "worth" vs what he's "paid" and for "how long".

holmes!!!

You can come out now! The scenario I alluded to yesterday didn't happen.....mind you there is now 3 tied at 88....still walkin' a thin line!!

Just take some solace in the fact that Dallas and Calgary aren't playin as well as the other teams nipping at your skate guards. Now....Anaheim and Nashville is who you wanna watch out for, but 5th thru 8th are all playing pretty consistent hockey now.

"Check, check.....is this microphone on??? Where'd everyone go???" :rolleyes:

"Ergh.....uh........have the Hawks fans gone into hiding?" :confused:

MASSIVE game for your boys tomorrow night!!

Don't sweat it too much though....the worst you can end up is 8th before you put your jammies on and lay your stressed little heads down on the pillow!! :p :D

But....that 8th spot would leave you tied with Dallas in points with the edge on them in "wins".

How can one put this? Oh I know! It is what it is. I'm just trying to figure out how the Hawks can manipulate themselves into eighth when all is said and done.;) eman

Back