bigger than average fishing wear

H

HOOTEY

ok, am looking for an outlet or outlets... that sells rain gear,chest waders , vests...e.t.c.... built for the robust (fat ******* type) slightly well fed fisherman?

FISH LEGIT OR GET THE **** OFF THE RIVER!

Cabela's is the place, not cheap but well made of quality materials and properly sized.

http://www.cabelas.com

billreidsalmon.jpg

Once I would suggest Mark's for oversize clothing, but since CrappieTire bought them, for the past 3 years they don't even stock XL glove/mitt sizes, nor 12-14 sock sizes. And as far as long-sizing for shirts and jeans, not! for shirts and just maybe for pants. And boots at $185 that I can get for $85??? I just can't do that anymore. I'm a real maple leaf... but... that's just too big a price to pay.

Sadly, it's become Cabela's and BassPro online for me for a lot of stuff. Variety is excellent, pricing is fair to competetive, sales can be unreal, and for the PLus++ sizes and tall sizes, you actually get selection and choice in quality & features.

but, if you want good waders and are slim or tall & slim, with feet that are manly, you have to custom order through your local specialty shop from someone like Simms.

A sad Cheers!

quote:Once I would suggest Mark's for oversize clothing, but since CrappieTire bought them, for the past 3 years they don't even stock XL glove/mitt sizes, nor 12-14 sock sizes. And as far as long-sizing for shirts and jeans, not! for shirts and just maybe for pants. And boots at $185 that I can get for $85??? I just can't do that anymore.
I know exactly</u> what you mean, I can see the back/side of Mark's on 4th Ave from my front window but never go in the place anymore not even for sox.[V]

billreidsalmon.jpg

quote:Originally posted by Dogbreath

I know exactly</u> what you mean, I can see the back/side of Mark's on 4th Ave from my front window but never go in the place anymore not even for sox.[V]

Not to mention the staff in there are a bunch of useless morons. Walked up there one day last week and just shook my head at the two babbling tools who were "trying" to provide some assistance.

"Sir...you know these are workboots you are trying on?"

"Yes....I am well aware of it, I just wanted to know if they came in a half size larger so the steel toe doesn't pinch."

"Well sir they don't"

"So looking at the stack of boxes here, they come in a EVERY half size except for 11.5"

"Yes sir....it would appear so." [xx(] [:p]

Thanks to the many guys that wemailed me, I found some gear at LAKE COWICHAN FLY AND TACKLE...many thanks Gord...:D

ITS OUR PASSION TO FISH AND GET OUT OF DOORS...PLEASE...FISH LEGAL OR GET OFF THE RIVER!

Considering I am 6"4" 290lbs...I went all over Victoria and Nanaimo checked all the obvious----Gord called me up and said I should pop up to check out his selection of rain gear ,waders and boots,,,Gord ened up ordering me in some awesome fitting TROPHY fishing vest Boots and a great rain jacket fits like a glove and very comfortable....check out COWICHAN LAKE FLY AND TACKLE....[^]

ITS OUR PASSION TO FISH AND GET OUT OF DOORS...PLEASE...FISH LEGAL OR GET OFF THE RIVER!

Back