Big chinook arrive early

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it is time for a paid advertisement on the forum.
Just sayin.

Information is information-I'm just glad to get it whether it comes from guides, lodge owners or just us private fishermen. Sure if a lodge owner, marina operator or guide gives a fish report it amounts to free advertising to some extent but you and I can't be over there like they are. I usually know what to expect from an area I intend to fish so all I need is confirmation that it's happening! Don't shut these guys off or all you'll hear is "I'm heading for Nootka next week-any news?? Boring fish reports!! Give us the scoop and we'll take a little out for hype and enjoy the report!!LOL

For a good gauge of what is happening, and what size, go to the Critter Cove 2014 fish weights, and watch daily. You will see that the average is not yet 20 - 25 pds, but it is inching up. Some posters don't identify coho, but it is pretty obvious that a 8 - 10 pd fish is a coho.

Moutcha Bay Resort had a board up last year as well, and again a good source.

As far as it goes, the July 15th period has traditionally been the Tahsis river fish, which is why the inlet was typically closed by the 15th from Strange Island down. Up to the closing day, some years a large number of 25 + fish were caught in the inlet from strange island to the log booms. Just look for the fleet of Grady White Guide Boats, and you will understand.

As for the Canuma fish, as long as it is dry and the river is low, the fish will show up to verify their spawning stream, then go back out into the sound, and the inside, to feed. That is why you will catch some really black turning springs, while others are perfectly chrome.

There are other runs in the area, such as the fish that go up Moya Creek, but the majority are Canuma or Tahsis fish.

Drewski

Spring Fever...I'm with you. this is a reports page...if anyone wants to put their time in giving a fishing report then have at it...that's the idea of the thread! Keep it up John!!

I agree with Scobo 100%. The reports from Fish on John, Fish Tofino, Great Bear and other pros are appreciated by most members I believe. These guys are out there every day whereas most members who are not pros have specific windows in time they can fish. Up to date info from someone who can report from a daily perspective is sure nice to have in my opinion. Thanks to you guys who do so. I hope you find yourselves getting more business from those who read your reports.
h.e.h.

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep the reports coming John. We're all here to share information and yours is very much appreciated!

All say whats the problem? Most of the guides lodges etc are our friends of ours. And have contributed a great deal to the forum... Talk about tacky sorry... Keep going John..Were looking forward to planning a trip up there next year with our boats enjoying hearing this.

Certainly keep the posts coming!! The way I see it: the guides and lodges are providing a service of giving current information, in return they get some free advertising (although it takes time, and time is money, and these guys dedicate valuable time to this). If all of the lurkers out there posted more....rather than just taking without contributing, than it may be a different story. Keep up the great work guides and lodges! You are not only providing access to the resource for ALL Canadians that don't have a boat or live close by(can of worms there!) but also giving valuable intel to the rest of us that do hit the water on our own.

This thread has now moved off the original topic and into an area of debate that can get contentious. We understand there is a fine line between good information and "spam" and that opinions do vary on the subject. We will continue to be as open as we can within our posting guidelines to allow introduction and discussion of many topics while allowing people to promote their products and services through our advertising programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back