Best Pot Puller.....which one and why

blackvelvet

I am new to this forum, and I'm quite certain that this topic has been tossed around more than once here, so I hope you seasoned guys will be easy on me and skip the part where you call me an idiot for asking.

I'm just mostly curious about different types of pot pullers and which ones seem to work the best under all different loads and uses.

I currently have a EZ-pull electric with the heavy duty schedule 80 aluminum arm and it has worked flawlessly for deep drop shrimping, but I'm not convinced that there isn't a better model to be had. This model also breaks down into 3 pieces for easy storage. Initial cost on my puller is over $1100.00

I would appreciate any input, negative or positive or otherwise................ Thanks.......Wing nut Ted

The Ace puller is a good one, but that puller you have is pretty sweet also.

I am new to this forum, and I'm quite certain that this topic has been tossed around more than once here, so I hope you seasoned guys will be easy on me and skip the part where you call me an idiot for asking.

I'm just mostly curious about different types of pot pullers and which ones seem to work the best under all different loads and uses.

I currently have a EZ-pull electric with the heavy duty schedule 80 aluminum arm and it has worked flawlessly for deep drop shrimping, but I'm not convinced that there isn't a better model to be had. This model also breaks down into 3 pieces for easy storage. Initial cost on my puller is over $1100.00

I would appreciate any input, negative or positive or otherwise................ Thanks.......Wing nut Ted

Oh come on Ted most of us dream of that puller. I think you have the cat's azz right there and that is my dream puller with the no hands option! I do hear those Safe-t pullers are nice with the foot pedal and all. Doesn't the goat man have one? My crew just build's them out of cheap ATV winches for around 100 bucks. They aren't fast but they pull like hell! (the second pic is a vid if you click on it).

IMG_2101.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ace Line Hauler!!! $550 or$600 and the best warranty ever. I bought mine 5 years ago and the first year we broke the boom (my buddies fault). Sent it in and they replaced the boom no questions asked. Then last year the motor started labouring and we happened to be going through Nanaimo on a Sunday. I called them and I can't remember his name but he left home and whatever he was doing and met us at the shop. He says "Well usually I just have the guys rebuild it for you as you wait but nobody is working today so just take a new one. I said really? He says well you guys need to get fishing, here you go!" The one he gave us was even the new improved faster model. No receipt, no questions, didn't even matter how old it was. I think we just plain wore out the motor, but their warranty must cover that too. Pretty hard to find warranty and service like that these days!

Oh come on Ted most of us dream of that puller. I think you have the cat's azz right there and that is my dream puller with the no hands option! I do hear those Safe-t pullers are nice with the foot pedal and all. Doesn't the goat man have one? My crew just build's them out of cheap ATV winches for around 100 bucks. They aren't fast but they pull like hell! (the second pic is a vid if you click on it).

IMG_2101.jpg

That's an awesome puller brutha. You WCVI guys know how to get the most bang for your buck for sure, and it adapts to your scotty mount as well. I'm impressed...All for $100.00 !!! You should be manufacturing and marketing them there pullers. The guys down here in wing-nut-ville would be lined up to buy them.

Sculps, nice set-up and that thing is everybit as fast as my Ace if you want to call that fast I guess,
wonder if you could just change the pulley to increase speed some?? or may be too hard on the motor?
Tim

That's an awesome puller brutha. You WCVI guys know how to get the most bang for your buck for sure, and it adapts to your scotty mount as well. I'm impressed...All for $100.00 !!! You should be manufacturing and marketing them there pullers. The guys down here in wing-nut-ville would be lined up to buy them.

Thanks man but we just build them for fun. Owning a welding shop cuts down on the cost as well.

Sculps, nice set-up and that thing is everybit as fast as my Ace if you want to call that fast I guess,
wonder if you could just change the pulley to increase speed some?? or may be too hard on the motor?
Tim

I am going to build a new one shortly with a bigger pulley to try to speed it up. I have no doubt the motor will take it.

I personally think the EZ pull and the Safe-T pull products are some of the best on the market for the recreational sector. Pricey but you get what you pay for. Awesome machines that are definately a step up from the Ace.

https://ezpull.net/ecf/

http://www.safe-t-puller.com/catalog1.htm

I looked at both of these units down in Seattle and they are built to last a lifetime.

IMG_2101.jpg

Love that puller. can I get a 360 view with a scaled DWG ...................& I'll make it 4 coin
One ?? iz the motor a toggle switch constant or is it press and turn,activated?????

Princess Auto has the second on sale this week @ 50 clams.............

Love that puller. can I get a 360 view with a scaled DWG ...................& I'll make it 4 coin
One ?? iz the motor a toggle switch constant or is it press and turn,activated?????

Princess Auto has the second on sale this week @ 50 clams.............

Go buy the winch buddy. It is fun building them for sure. I will post up a detailed build shortly for those that are interested. This one will be totally different than the one in the photo. It is going to kick azz.

Go buy the winch buddy. It is fun building them for sure. I will post up a detailed build shortly for those that are interested. This one will be totally different than the one in the photo. It is going to kick azz.

Need any tooling..................I know a kanuckle head that iz a too & die maker
LOL, B wait'n 4 the thread

Kh

Ace Line Hauler!!! $550 or$600 and the best warranty ever. I bought mine 5 years ago and the first year we broke the boom (my buddies fault). Sent it in and they replaced the boom no questions asked. Then last year the motor started labouring and we happened to be going through Nanaimo on a Sunday. I called them and I can't remember his name but he left home and whatever he was doing and met us at the shop. He says "Well usually I just have the guys rebuild it for you as you wait but nobody is working today so just take a new one. I said really? He says well you guys need to get fishing, here you go!" The one he gave us was even the new improved faster model. No receipt, no questions, didn't even matter how old it was. I think we just plain wore out the motor, but their warranty must cover that too. Pretty hard to find warranty and service like that these days!
He did the same thing for two friends of mine. They were both way past warranty, had a few issues so they both got new motors. Pretty hard to beat that kind of after sale service.
Dave

Lots of opinions giving Ace the thumbs up. Any opinions on Endurance EPP600? I ordered one but still have time to change for Ace.

Back