Best Marine Mechanic in Port Alberni?

SmokinJoe

Hey guys,

I recently had to have some work done on my boat and rather than pull my boat back to Nanaimo I decided to have the work done in PA as my boat was already there. My engine is an outboard 225 evinrude 2 stroke and I looked into the Evinrude shops in town but they wanted $85-95/hour which I cringed at. I was then recommended a place called All in one Marine where they only charge $70/hr. I went there and they diagnosed my problem and fixed it. My power pack (cd pack?) had gone and some of my coils had burned. So they replaced the power pack and flywheel thingy. The total for my work was around $1300. Not sure if that is cheap or expensive for the work. Anyone know? I haven't had the chance to take the boat out yet to see how it runs now but I was just curious if anyone has had any dealings with All in One or their mechanic Steve Vertigan. They seemed like good guys and what not but I just thought I would check on here. Who do you guys use in Port and how have they been? Thanks in advance for sharing.

Absolutely cannot say too much about the guys at LA Marine.
Garett resurrected my dad's V6 that had been absolutely f*&^*&^ed up by a boathouse in Parksville over the winter.
LA was recommended to me by a guide buddy from highschool and they could have truly hosed dad and me, but they DID NOT.
Hope to have the chance to buy many accessories from these straight shooters.
Smiley.

Steve Vertigan

Hi Joe,

I have known Steve for over 20 years both in the industry and as a friend. Steve has an excellent reputation in marine repairs and customer service with over 25 years in the field. Although he does thorough and correct diagnosis, repairs and follow through, I am pretty sure he wouldn't call himself the "best marine mechanic in port." Steve would see that as being arrogant. He's pretty humble actually. I have had several boats over the years and he has worked on most of them with no problems and has always shown me the cost breakdowns of parts etc. I know other people who's boats he has worked on and they have been very happy with his work. I know that he is a new employee at all in one marine. I think the company is fairly new and I don't know much about them.

Absolutely cannot say too much about the guys at LA Marine.
Garett resurrected my dad's V6 that had been absolutely f*&^*&^ed up by a boathouse in Parksville over the winter.
LA was recommended to me by a guide buddy from highschool and they could have truly hosed dad and me, but they DID NOT.
Hope to have the chance to buy many accessories from these straight shooters.
Smiley.

I Have nothing but bad things to say about Parksville Boathouse.

On the other hand i have nother but good things to say about port boathouse.

Lorne

Thanks guys!

I Have nothing but bad things to say about Parksville Boathouse.

On the other hand i have nother but good things to say about port boathouse.

Lorne
I was thinking of getting some work done at the PV Boathouse, anything in particular to watch out for?

Steve at Howard"s marine is one of the best mechanics i have ever met in 35 yrs of boat ownership and would use him if i lived in Port

Back