Best knot for spoons and hootchies?

Pitre

Anyone had any success with a duncan knot while trolling or just use the standard fishermans knot or...?

I used to use different knots, but once I started using the palomar I never use anything else. If I'm busy its the one I can tie the fastest.

Sounds like its time for a knot to knot strength + beer challenge...Palomar vs trilene

nail knot mainly tied using a tapestry needle and palomar are what i would recommend

I don't tie spoons or hoochies anymore, crimped connections only. Teaser heads I use knots.

Mike

I use a gary martin knot (world exhibition knot) for spoons and swivels but i use the clinch knot when tying directly to a hook because the gary martin doesnt tie on straight, the hook ends up on a bit of an angle to the line

Whats a regular fishing not called? Its confusing with all these fancy names....

If you twist a bunch of times, go through the loop it's a clinch knot. If you go back through the loop you just made, it's an improved clinch knot. That's what most people learn to tie

I use the San Diego jam knot for almost all my mono and spectra connections. It is very strong, easy to tie, and hangs straight. Been my go to knot for over 25 years.

If you twist a bunch of times, go through the loop it's a clinch knot. If you go back through the loop you just made, it's an improved clinch knot. That's what most people learn to tie

Thanks Aheny. Thats all I have ever used and it has worked on fish up to 36 lbs. I have not had a knot break but have had a hook straighten. Is this not really not strong enough for hoochies and spoons?

Back