Best fishing pants?

Tsquared

After many seasons my Trophy fishing pants are finally beyond repair so I’m looking for something new for this season. I’ve got a pair of heavy duty HH rain pants but I’m looking for non rain every day fishing pants. What are people using that’s working for them?
Cheers!

T2

While not everyday pants I repurposed a pair of breathable waders that leaked into boat rain pants. I cut the neoprene sock off and needed to cut a slit into the lower leg position to fit over my boots. I then glued in a triangular chunk of marine vinyl to flare out the lower portion of the pant leg.
Best boat rain pants that money didn’t have to buy.

The underarmour goretex bibs are on sale right now if you're looking for a more budget friendly version than the SIMMS or Gruden stuff.

After many seasons my Trophy fishing pants are finally beyond repair so I’m looking for something new for this season. I’ve got a pair of heavy duty HH rain pants but I’m looking for non rain every day fishing pants. What are people using that’s working for them?
Cheers!

T2

For non-rain everyday fishing pants, I’ve worn Columbia PFG Blood & Guts Convertible pants. Don't think they make them anymore but the synthetic pants are nice for drying. And if it gets hot, engage Dad-mode and zip the lowers off and its skies out - thighs out. Under Armour has some decent outdoor stuff. I’ve also used North Face pants and am happy with. Check out atmosphere or Sportchek.

Last edited:
I also have the under armor bibs. Both the first gen and the latest. I’m still wearing the first set I bought as they work great. I ended up getting the gortex jacket and bibs from their site for 240 shipped.

Kuiu Attack pants for cooler temps.

When it's warmer, I have a couple Kuhl pants that I like. Renegade if it is a bit wet out, but not so much that I'm going to put on rain gear, otherwise the Radikl pants which are a bit more comfortable. Both are quick drying, but the former have a DWR finish (as do the Kuiu pants).

I'm a bit biased though being 6'5" I have a hard time finding pants that are long enough. Both companies offer tall versions with a 36" inseam.

Shorts. I usually don’t go out unless it’s nice n but do keep a pair of lightweight Helly Hansen bib pants stashed in the boat for messy situations or unexpected showers

Back