Bennet auto trim tabs

I've got them, on my 25 C-Dory, with the rocker style and the separate indicator. Definitely need them for plowing into waves on our boat. Nice when 200+lb passengers are on board too. In trailing seas they can be a pain when a wave hits them and tries to spin the butt end around, speed deals with it but when you are offshore in steep choppy seas it's the devil in front and the devil in the rear....not a lot of fun.

I've had them on my 21ft Seaswirl Striper for over 8 yrs and wouldnt leave the dock without them, I have a 200hp engine and Bennits get me up on step, able to take waves easier and I've fished as much as 300 hours a season, both inside and outside. IMHO you should get the position indicator as well. I am also able to level quicker saving fuel and obtaining optimal speed for the RPMs I like to run at. You'll notice a difference for sure and wont be sorry. Just my 2cents
Stay safe, Tight lines
Clint (aka Sir-Vivor II)
PS and yes with the beefier deck hands your able to level out

I've had them on my 21ft Seaswirl Striper for over 8 yrs and wouldnt leave the dock without them, I have a 200hp engine and Bennits get me up on step, able to take waves easier and I've fished as much as 300 hours a season, both inside and outside. IMHO you should get the position indicator as well. I am also able to level quicker saving fuel and obtaining optimal speed for the RPMs I like to run at. You'll notice a difference for sure and wont be sorry. Just my 2cents
Stay safe, Tight lines
Clint (aka Sir-Vivor II)
PS and yes with the beefier deck hands your able to level out
Your talking auto tabs correct

I have them on my 23 Hourston, with an old-school chrome joystick to control them. Before I repowered, they were critical for trimming the bow up and down, and adjusting side to side for weight distribution.

With a power trim leg, they are primarily for side to side -- which can be important with a 200 lb skipper, a water tank under his seat, and various bits of movable ballast. Much better than fighting the wheel.

Just watched the video online. I have no experience with auto tabs but looking to change my switch out this winter with one that has indicator lights this might be a better idea.

It’s interesting that in the Auto mode they fully trim the tabs down for a moment while getting on plane. Not sure my boat would like this but I am going to try it next time I go out.

I think the rough water performance would be good as long as you have your FAV 1 or FAV 2 programmed to ride in the rough stuff. However what happens when you slow down???

Keeping an eye on the thread to see if anyone has first had Auto Tab experience.

get the Manuel ones, you can trim the way you like to ride your boat, not sure I would trust auto for trim, some like to ride the bow high some low, depending on sea conditions I like something I can adjust myself, I have no indicator on mine ( pulled them off ) I just go with feel, barely ever use them, only to level the boat when I have fat friends on board lol

Back