Bella Coola Hwy

I am coming from out of province so I was concerned about parking at Bella Coola for a week and if there is any issues at the boat launch there. Some individuals take the law in there own hands if you know what I mean.

Any updated info on this meeting?
Yes Shearwater should honour reservations. Doesn’t sound like they will be doing much guided fishing this season. There is a meeting with Bella Bella and Shearwater tomorrow and we should find out more then.

Any updated info on this meeting?
I will know more tomorrow when I get back to Shearwater. I have been in Rupert since June 28th. As far as I know from talking with my wife daily everything is going forward except Shearwater sport guides. There have been boats on the dock every day since I left. They have even added hours to the grocery store.

Thanks
I will know more tomorrow when I get back to Shearwater. I have been in Rupert since June 28th. As far as I know from talking with my wife daily everything is going forward except Shearwater sport guides. There have been boats on the dock every day since I left. They have even added hours to the grocery store.

Just got a call today that Shearwater has had to cancel all operations and reservations effective now, as My wife & I are set to head out tomorrow, and our 11 year old daughter left this am with the family we were travelling with for z 2 week trip.
Gas dock remains open.
Yikes. Now to come up with a quick Plan B
Hopefully it hits me in a dream tonight!
Anyond have any leads on any private rentals anywhere between rivers inlet and Milbanke sound?

What were your reservations for (guided fishing, hotel, etc.) and did you speak to anyone? We have reservations for next week in the marina and didn't get any notification. After reading your post last night, and staying awake all night thinking of alternate plans, I called this morning and they said everything but the guided sportfishing was operating normally. Didn't ask about the hotel. When I spoke to them earlier this week to confirm everything was ok they also mentioned the airport isn't operating.

What were your reservations for (guided fishing, hotel, etc.) and did you speak to anyone? We have reservations for next week in the marina and didn't get any notification. After reading your post last night, and staying awake all night thinking of alternate plans, I called this morning and they said everything but the guided sportfishing was operating normally. Didn't ask about the hotel. When I spoke to them earlier this week to confirm everything was ok they also mentioned the airport isn't operating.

We were coming in our own 6 boats.
Had rooms rented and meal plan.
All accomadation and restuarant closed now as of yesterday.
Gas,hardware , store open as essential service.
I have a friend that was staying there, that was asked to leave yesterday, shortly after I was called to inform my group of our cancellation.

Back