Be Gone Thou Wind-Forecasting Louts!!!!........

Seafever

Thank you very much Environment Canada Marine for another non-day of fishing.

As I looked at your forecast this morning the Pacific South Coast area was the alarm-mode red.

You had me expecting 25 knot winds and it didn't look good at all.

So I cancelled. Again.

Later in the day I looked at the glass-calm water at Columbia Beach.....my fishing buddy was by now long gone.

As I write this it is still calm........

You expect me to believe in climate -change?........you weather "scientists" can't even predict the wind.

May I have some of whatever it is you're smoking?

It must be good......

"Gee.. I have an idea, sez Harper et al, Lets reduce funding forCoast Guard, DFO, Evironmental protection...anything marine" That'll save some money for more Senators!
" But, Sire, cough, umm sir, what about boaters in distress? Who will go rescue them?"
" send out a decree! Tell the weather guys to overestimate the wind at all times - anything more than a dog fart to be called a gale warning! That'll keep most of the boaters at home and there'll be no one to rescue except Jimmy P's guys ( they paid for the fish anyhow )
Um, sir... campaign donations is not paying for the fish...
"silence!" foole - I have spoken!!

"Gee.. I have an idea, sez Harper et al, Lets reduce funding forCoast Guard, DFO, Evironmental protection...anything marine" That'll save some money for more Senators!
" But, Sire, cough, umm sir, what about boaters in distress? Who will go rescue them?"
" send out a decree! Tell the weather guys to overestimate the wind at all times - anything more than a dog fart to be called a gale warning! That'll keep most of the boaters at home and there'll be no one to rescue except Jimmy P's guys ( they paid for the fish anyhow )
Um, sir... campaign donations is not paying for the fish...
"silence!" foole - I have spoken!!
Oh and Now that I have spoken, you may kiss my ring and bow as you leave my presence. now, be off with yee, lest I decide to be off with yer heed

Very good for both of you-apologies to whom?-Willie Shakespeare perhaps. Mayhaps we should start Bards on a Boat!! Pass the Fireball-should be a Good season!! Fish or not to Fish? What a stupid question!!LOL

Very good for both of you-apologies to whom?-Willie Shakespeare perhaps. Mayhaps we should start Bards on a Boat!! Pass the Fireball-should be a Good season!! Fish or not to Fish? What a stupid question!!LOL

With sincere apologies to Mr. Shakespeare.........

“To fish, or not to fish: that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The nibbles and refusals of outrageous pisces,
Or to take rods against a sea of salmon,
And by opposing catch them? To cast: to strike;
No more; and by a hook to say we end
The heart-ache and the thousand natural casts
That flesh is delicious to, 'tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wish'd. To catch, to land;
To land: perchance to release: ay, there's the rub;
For in that ocean of fish what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
Must give us pause: there's the respect
That makes sturgeon of so long life;
For who would bear the whips and scorns of inept DFO,
The Commercial oppressor's wrong, the proud man's contumely,
The pangs of outdoor love, the law's officers,
The insolence of fish farms and the spurns
That patient merit of the worthy takes,
When he himself might his quietus make
With a bare bodkin? who would fardels bear,

With sincere apologies to Mr. Shakespeare.........

“To fish, or not to fish: that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The nibbles and refusals of outrageous pisces,
Or to take rods against a sea of salmon,
And by opposing catch them? To cast: to strike;
No more; and by a hook to say we end
The heart-ache and the thousand natural casts
That flesh is delicious to, 'tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wish'd. To catch, to land;
To land: perchance to release: ay, there's the rub;
For in that ocean of fish what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
Must give us pause: there's the respect
That makes sturgeon of so long life;
For who would bear the whips and scorns of inept DFO,
The Commercial oppressor's wrong, the proud man's contumely,
The pangs of outdoor love, the law's officers,
The insolence of fish farms and the spurns
That patient merit of the worthy takes,
When he himself might his quietus make
With a bare bodkin? who would fardels bear,

Truly brought a tear to my eye!! Well Done Sir!!!!

The environment canada forecast are not what they should be. I call them the liability forecast. If they forecast crap weather all the time they can not be held liable for any accidents. For this reason it is paramount to use multiple forecasting sources to get a better part of the whole picture. Having said that there are no promises. Tonight for example it is to be SE winds 15 or so KN and just out of the blue it is blowing WSW 15 kn. No mention of this in any weather. Ruined my surf tonight!

Friday the had a strong wing warning in effect for south of Nanaimo 22-33 knots .. real strong environment Canada.. ese 3 knots all day...

Environment Canada's forecasts often are predicting strong winds for Juan De Fuca strait which in a lot of cases is vastly different than Big Wave Dave's wind model predictions. BWD's usually right on the money.

there is a big difference between 5-15 knots its the difference of taking the kids out and enjoying your selves or not

there is a big difference between 5-15 knots its the difference of taking the kids out and enjoying your selves or not
Anything over 10 knots im heading my Fugly to shore for another day...even in a more stable boat kinda takes the fun outta trolling anything over 10 knots ...

Anything over 10 knots im heading my Fugly to shore for another day...even in a more stable boat kinda takes the fun outta trolling anything over 10 knots ...

I fish in over 10 knots more than half the summer, lol

Im sure your boat can handle it.. Mine.. Not so much. ..one look at the freeboard on my pos boat you can see what i mean..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

" 'Tis better to have fished and caught a P-cod than to never have fished at all"

"Hark! What spoon from yonder tackle-shop window doth shineth?"

Well at least you got a boat and get out there when you can. After 25 years i just get tired of fishing in non calm seas sometimes
Im sure your boat can handle it.. Mine.. Not so much. ..one look at the freeboard on my pos boat you can see what i mean..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You Betcha.. was hoping to get out this afternoon n try out my new jigging setup but not in ESE 17 knots... supposed to calm down around 3....hopefully...

I have found It usually matters more with wind direction and currents, and where the system is located. If you study those you can make better decisions on weather.. People always to and look at forecast and say well its 10 knots. But than fail to realize that it is near a full moon or a new moon strong tides. They go out and pick a day with current bucking like crazy with the wind going against it and wonder why it's choppy.

I really recommend to take a weather course if any of you have took the power squadron boating course. This is also covered in the seamanship and advanced piloting course more detail and I believe the SVOP course. I totally recommend it especially for people that go out in smaller vessels...

But yeah you guys are right enviro-canada has gotten bad. I use BWD and Washington State Forecast to plan my trips. If you guys ever get a chance pick up the book "The wind blew all ways". It is not expensive it lists each area in the book. I find it extremely useful, and weather patterns it shows are almost always right....

Last edited by a moderator:
You expect me to believe in climate -change?........you weather "scientists" can't even predict the wind.

May I have some of whatever it is you're smoking?

It must be good......

Oh Seafever please don't get your science from Bill O'Rilley at Fox Entertainment
He's not a good source.
[ShjTbghQGcU] http://youtu.be/ShjTbghQGcU

I've never liked Bill O'Reilly from the get go....no matter what subject he's flapping his lips about.

I like Colbert though. Probably more truth in what he says on his shows than most of the hot air you hear these days.

btw...funny clip......:D

Back