BC Salmon Farming, NAFTA and more

Whole in the Water

Alexandra Morton's latest newsletter, some very disturbing information about more govt. cover ups and mismanagement by our govt's. Sad and sickening at the same time. Check out the embedded links for more info.

Hello

NAFTA provides opportunity for people to bring forward environmental concerns caused by the North American Free Trade Agreement. A small group of us took this opportunity to raise the question; is Fisheries and Oceans Canada protecting wild salmon from salmon farming. Canada claims this subject had been dealt with, but as one MP noted this week , there does not seem to be adequate federal response. <o:p></o
NAFTA's response came this week. They are calling for a formal investigation into Canada’s failure to protect wild salmon from disease and parasites from industrial fish farms in British Columbia. - See more: <o:p></o
This is a significant milestone. The Norwegian salmon farming industry is in BC to access the lucrative US market. In a landscape of malfunctioning government response, this is the first solid ground I have seen in a long time. It is only a step and we will know more in 60 days.<o:p></o
If you visit my blog you will see another new entry titled: Coverup ISA - Get a Promotion. Whether ISA virus is in BC or not, the people who are our front line of defense are behaving in a manner that is indefensible, putting BC at high risk from the ISA virus. I am thoroughly disgusted with the situation and feel the evidence has to be brought forward.<o:p></o
And finally there is website stating I lied on 60 Minutes. They have been around since October 2011 when the first ISA test results for BC went public. I posted their diatribe on facebook, over 5,000 people viewed the post and many contacted me with suggestions about who is writing this anonymous blog. I would like to take this debate into the public arena, but I am not going to talk to people who hide and hurl insults. I am posting the sleuthing people are sending to me. If any want to help that would be great.

alexandramorton.typepad.com/who_is_calling_me_a_liar/<o:p></o
As always, thank you all for the many ways you are stepping up and pitching in to protect wild salmon, and all that depend on them, from industrial salmon farms. It is time for salmon farming to grow up, step out of the wild salmon migration routes and grow into a much better form of aquaculture that begins with growing algae and works it way up its own foodchain, leaving the natural food chain unharmed. This is the future and all the nastiness and furtive behaviour puts the industry itself at risk.<o:p></o
Alexandra Morton<o:p></o
alexandramorton.ca<o:p></o

Back