BC OUTDOORS FEATURE ARTICLE: INVICTUS CHARTERS

quote:Originally posted by Justfish

[?] I just don't "get" some of these posts. I do not allow personal slams or insults on my board and am disappointed that it is allowed here.
Congrats FG
Wrong.png

A liar will assume you are lying

I agree with this as I was quite shocked at the negative comments that came out after FG announced his article coming out in BCO Mag. I felt like moving over to the "other" fishing site and never coming back here!

Firstly, Dogbreath, I don't think this thread was the proper place to attack BCO Mag. especially after a guy anounces how happy he is that he got his article published in that mag. Gees ! I do understand your frustration with the Mag. but you actually hijacked FG's thread! Maybe it would have been better to start your own post about your problems with BCO magazine and not drag FG into your issue with the mag ? Personally I have had good experences with BCO Mag and have sold cover photo and article to them in the past with only positive things to say about them, especially the past publisher from years ago, the late Donald Stainsby .

Whether it was also the "spam" aspect of FG's post that bugged some people or that some just don't trust FG's fishing reports, doesn't really matter to me - perhaps send him a PM if you have a personal beef. As I have said before "if you don't have something nice to say then don't say anything at all" . I do however believe that if someone has an opinion on the topic of the post they should be allowed to be heard but keep it to the topic and keep it approptiate. To attack the guy on his guiding practices/marketing or the magazine he uses is inapproriate in this thread, in my opinion. To suggest to FG in this post that his article should not include the WCVI asppect of his company's guiding also seems inappropriate to me.

The saying goes any press is good press.

Ill say good on ya for someone writing an article on your business.

congrats.

Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

quote:Originally posted by The Jackel

quote:Originally posted by Barbender

Lots of people here like to throw stones from behind their keyboards. I say good on ya. Like Last Chance said..Business is business.
X2, couldn't agree with you more. Like the time I was agreeing about the guide cert. and ole SPINELESS SEABASS, trys to rip me a new one. Well once I figured out who he was it all made sence (*****), congrats and tight lines.

Mike Johns (no alais)

><))))">

Just curious, what the hell does "tight lines" mean?

untitled.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

As my Dad used to say..... it you're good you don't have to tell anyone, they will know. If people liked the article they would have offered some kudos after they read it.

I guess i should have announced to the world when i did an article in that same magazine in 2000 catching 20 Chinooks on plugs or when i did 2 episodes for nice fish - in one day with 25 + Springs. That must have been my mistake. [B)]

quote:I guess i should have announced to the world when i did an article in that same magazine in 2000 catching 20 Chinooks on plugs or when i did 2 episodes for nice fish - in one day with 25 + Springs.
You just did. Good for you FG.

quote:Originally posted by Fishtofino

As my Dad used to say..... it you're good you don't have to tell anyone, they will know. If people liked the article they would have offered some kudos after they read it.

I guess i should have announced to the world when i did an article in that same magazine in 2000 catching 20 Chinooks on plugs or when i did 2 episodes for nice fish - in one day with 25 + Springs. That must have been my mistake. [B)]

Yep, if you are good at marketing/promotoion YES, you should have told us !!! You can be modest but stll tackfully and skillfully let us know what you have done. It doesn't have to be bragging , just info. The art of a good self promotor!
Agreed FG could have approached it a tad more tackfully but actually quite smart to let all on here know about the article.

LOL ....the other thing that can be noticed about this thread is that due to all this discussion about the Invictus Charters article his company name and topic has been bumped to the top of the Open Forum page for a while now.....!

You can pay me later for this additional 'bump' FG ;)

Back