$160 a string

Attachments

• EBA09063-83B9-4A2E-A574-163428BE98CF.jpeg
    EBA09063-83B9-4A2E-A574-163428BE98CF.jpeg
    486.4 KB · Views: 139
  • C8FED064-10E3-46CC-B452-97154E809366.jpeg
    C8FED064-10E3-46CC-B452-97154E809366.jpeg
    392.8 KB · Views: 140
Yes working on a move to Mexico, tired of getting taxed to death and paying outrageous prices for fuel and groceries for the privilege of living in Canada.

Well make sure you let me know where you end up boss. Boat is heading south here as well

Tuna tastes better anyway

Yes working on a move to Mexico, tired of getting taxed to death and paying outrageous prices for fuel and groceries for the privilege of living in Canada.
My buddy just bought a place there this past winter. He's hoping his wife retires before the fall and they can full time it down there. He bought a beautiful condo in a complex with all the amenities for 149k. He has spent the last 27 winter in Mexico except for last winter ( covid) . So he just got home and was shocked at the gas price from when he left in Oct. He told me gas only went up 2 pesos from two years as of his leaving there a week ago. I would love to go too

Hi Capt Ed, I'm looking at Mexico too, just wondering what area of Mexico your buddy decided on.
Sounds like he has spent a lot of time there, and any advice would be greatly appriciated.
He has stayed in his motor home in an rv park in LA Panita which is about 1 1/2 hours above Peurto Vallarta for 25 years. He has a permanent spot there in the park and a boat that he fishes out of. He bought a condo inland and higher up near Lake chappala to spend the summers at because it gets to hot at the coast.

My buddy just bought a place there this past winter. He's hoping his wife retires before the fall and they can full time it down there. He bought a beautiful condo in a complex with all the amenities for 149k. He has spent the last 27 winter in Mexico except for last winter ( covid) . So he just got home and was shocked at the gas price from when he left in Oct. He told me gas only went up 2 pesos from two years as of his leaving there a week ago. I would love to go too
He is right about the fuel, we just returned from 6 weeks in southern Baja and price of fuel only went up one peso the whole time and a lot of stations never changed fuel@ 21 pesos a liter.
Cell phone 50 pesos for a SIM card 200 pesos for 30 days 3.5 gigs of data unlimited North American calling and no roaming charges in North America and social media doesn’t count against your data.
Our property taxes are 200 US a year and they never go up plus if you pay within a month of the billing date you get a 20% discount. This is on a home that would easily be 2 million if it were on the Island.
16 pesos to the Canadian dollar.
Mexico is not perfect and there are drawbacks but I love it I like the culture and the hard working people you don’t see any bums or homeless never see a drug problem and everyone works.
Ps I am still using my Mexican SIM card in my phone here in Canada by by Telus

Last edited:
Back