bass fishing victoria

kunni

I am new to this forum, and have been trout fishing for quiet a while. I am new to bass fishing, and feel that I am doing something wrong. I have been out 4 times for 8- 10hrs at a time, and have only caught 3 or 4 very small fish. I was using small plugs, and casting around prospect lake island, and along the shore. At elk lake I just followed the shore, and was casting around the fallen trees. I have heard that the bass can be caught on soft plastics, but have never used them. How would I fish them? Where should I be looking when I am fishing for bass? I fish from a boat, so I do have access to the full lake.

kunni

Bass will take a surface lure (popper etc.).....that is, when the bass are up top or close.

Sometimes they aren't up top....they are holding down a little deeper someplace...usually around rocks or structure on bottom. Then you have to use a lure that gets to them.

Often with bass the evening bite is the best.

Bass won't follow a trolled lure for a long time. You have to basically put it in front of their face, because they are territorial and don't stray too far from their comfort zone.

Get yourself a 1/0 weighted worm hook (I prefer weedless) and a package of some Havoc Plastic Worms (Black with fleck work great). Wacky Rig it and toss it in along structure where you think they'd be hanging out. Let it fall until it hits bottom, let it sit for 15 seconds or so then give it a little twitch. They usually take it when its falling.

Also, tube jigs work great do. Just get some plastic tubes from where ever you get your plastic baits from and some jig head hooks. Works good around rocky bottoms and logs.
This system has never let me down!

pretty tough to beat those yumdingers..havent had much luck with poppers....but i have caught them on those in the past...but im a yum dinger of a guy. prospect has been hot.

Back