Bass at Prospect

Karma-Kazi

Hit prospect for an evening of bass fishing, Hit and landed 8 in 3 hours. 3 were a solid 2.5-3 pounders. Nothing huge. Any tips on what to use as I was just tossing flatfish for them.

Prospect seems super weedy, so top water might be good even though a worm on some drop offs might be good.

-Steve

LOL :D

Can't believe you posted that [V]

Sorry buddy, give me a call :D:D

5" gold floating rapala. I've had many an excellent evenings there with that.

Seafood, eat it, then catch more.

I usually fish there frequently....pulled in/released a 5 pounder bass in this lake a few summers back. mostly small ones. Spinners, or artifical lures that annoys the fish should work.

I don't fish there in summer due to a few high powered boats making big waves 'wakes', distrubin' my rowing and fishing. Fall and spring are my choice.

THanks for the replies!

Wow, 5" that seems huge, i went and bought some 2.5-3" rapalas going to give them a shot. Any colours that work well?

-Steve

5" is not huge by any means. You will still get many small fish but have done really well with the larger fish too. Had some up to 5lbs there as fishspoon has mentioned.

Just put the boat casting difference from shore and cast the lure as close to the shoreline as possible, or under wharves, starting from the beach and working out. Let the ripples, caused by your lure hitting the water, dissappear, give it a sharp tug to swim/draw the plug about a foot or two and let it pop back to the surface then HANG-ON!!!!!!!;)

Just make sure that you're ready to duck if you don't set the hook into the fish, those three trebles can do some serious damage.:D

Seafood, eat it, then catch more.

Black bunny leach on the flyrod. Thats all you need. I have caught bass there for over 20 years now. Fair number of large fish exceeding 5lbs for sure. Please release them:D

Hey guys, I'm not familiar with this lake. Where is it and how accessible is it? As I am looking for a good place to take my Son. Thanks for the help.:)

Highlights I wont keep bass, I have a freezer full of Halibut, What would I need Bass :p Just fun for sport, and there is somthing to be said about having the rod in hand for the strike!!! Wow So fun!!!

Back