Bamfield Poett Nook Reports Spring/Summer 2012

Very well-written report! My personal favorite:

..."We spent most of our time pilaging Kirby..."

As far as being "frustrated" by all the non-stop spring and coho action ----just to remind you guys how good you really have it up there--- I just spent two solid days on my home water, braving wind and rain, for one 8 lb spring. That was it. Yeah, I'm jealous

Good work!

Fellas

So , Salmon definately levelled off , still Good , not Hot like 2 weeks ago , we moved around alot , tried ta get out of the 10-12lb cookie cutter fish , just not that easy ta do ,
so , rather than send the bleeders away , we bonked our fish responsibly ,moved on ,Its just what the Sound has right now , there are a few larger fish , BUT , not that many , whack em and stack em , get out !! m2b ( i seen 2 smaller floater injured springs get jacked by the eagles at Kirby ) , love the guys that net em , wrestle with them for 3-5 minutes , release them ??? )
the Wall , Meares , KIRBY ,Meathole. Swale all produced for us , kept outta the crowds , Kirby was the busiest by far , rubber seemed ta be the best producer , 60-90 feet , trolled fast , needlefish was da champ !! Coho showing decent now too , got our possession , moved onto the white meat

so onto the excitement of the weekend , Bottom fishing , excellent offshore ling ,yellow eye , and Halibut , we hit the humps a few miles off Southbank with great success ,
fresh bellies and jigs was the ticket ,

get out there and enjoy

my fish seems like a guppy besides Matt's , Boat Re-Klyne

Matt's girl handled this 225lber to the tub , while the boys battled it onboard.. HUGE CRITTER MAN , blew me away

Great job Ashley , this chik can fish man !! : )

guys , lets not turn this into a " Cant believe they whacked that fish " we all have our opinions on this , start ur own thread if needed ,
They wanted ta keep it , there choice , congratz to them, the meat actually looked great ,i didnt see any worms..
145lbs of clean flesh lol , the cheeks were almost 3 lbs each !!

Good job Matt

a few shotz for ya..

IMG_0253.jpg

IMG_0267.jpg

IMG_0266.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
FD....that must be the fish we heard about over the VHF. Great catch. Great Kill.

I know Matt, went to high school with him. Congrats Matt! That fish is unreal!

Thats a hammer hali! Nice fish as well Felix.

I thought i would post this link up. Jeff, Jon, Clayton and I are going to have steady reports flowing this summer on our new site (ill post about what we are doing with the site later). Here is the first report from the weekend. We will try to give more info in the reports perhaps later on.

http://bctough.com/?p=685

Great reading site Kelly !

I know u can't give deatails of where but for me and I'm sure other non residents , location is key so maybe throw us a crumb once and awhile. Like for starters a nice Lingcod hunnyhole would be nice LOL.

Good luck to all u guys .... Looking forward to the stories and pics

Processing Table

A few nice slabs from last weekend off Kirby and the coast.

Attachments

• 0625121758d.jpg
    0625121758d.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 140
Apparently lots of 12-15lbs out there... buddies Dad got 30 to the boat...this morning (friday)
Not sure why they needed so many...lol... must of been looking for a couple bigger ones...
IMO the perfect eating size..
Sounds like its going to be a good long weekend

Headed up tomorrow with the boys. Jeff an Jon were fishing the last few days so I'll try to get a fresh report. Sounds like lots of small-med springs and I heard the coho are starting to show some size.

I'll give ya the Jeff & Jon report. Lots of small - medium springs, tons of shakers and a few in the high teens. Lots of Coho, hatch and wild & some are an honest 6 pounds. (honest). Kirby, Austin, all the usual spots.

Back