Awesome Boat Guy in Victoria

Stizzla

Crew Member
My bud Mike did some customizing of my boat. He’s started a new Company called Salus Yacht Services.

he came to my driveway and did a full stereo setup, installed new screens and transducer plus ran some cool LED strip lighting.

He’s super detail oriented and he’s hilarious and very nice. Super affordable work and I strongly recommend him for maintenance and wiring. He’ll check on your boat at your marina or driveway for you and keep it tip top!

Pm me for his details.
E81F8B7D-263C-4D8E-BD9F-3E229B24614F.jpeg61E108EC-D0EA-4EFA-A0BF-DAF341940A5A.jpeg6252DD8F-E980-4EA0-9724-02DFC97F8044.jpeg

My bud Mike did some customizing of my boat. He’s started a new Company called Salus Yacht Services.

he came to my driveway and did a full stereo setup, installed new screens and transducer plus ran some cool LED strip lighting.

He’s super detail oriented and he’s hilarious and very nice. Super affordable work and I strongly recommend him for maintenance and wiring. He’ll check on your boat at your marina or driveway for you and keep it tip top!

Pm me for his details.
View attachment 78169View attachment 78170View attachment 78171
What did you put in for a stereo and speakers?

I went for a fusion receiver. Nice and clean off of Amazon for about $300, and 4 skar audio 6.5” speakers also off Amazon for like $130/pair. Reviews were amazing and I’m happy! I’m thinking about adding a matching amp for another $200

Are there any "awesome" boat guys in Vancouver/Burnaby?
Every guy I contact starts the conversation with $1000.00.
I was born at night not last night.
I could do the work or I know how, myself. I am not a newbie. Just retired and limited cash on hand now. And no where to work on the boat.

I had one "mechanic" say he wanted $800 bucks to re and re my merc leg. Which I finally did in 15 minutes.

Bridgewater marine will not look at any boat 15 years old or older.

If these prices are accurate, then I just became a marine mechanic, for inboards only. I like car engines. Ya I know the difference too.
Actually I bought all the tools needed to do re and re merc legs and other stuff. I have rebuilt 6 boats in the past.

Anyway are there ANY mobile, reliable marine mechanics that are REASONABLE?
I don't need to have some guy tell me I don't know what I am saying or wanting done.
I once watched a shop bill me for 4 hours while they waited for the steam cleaner to thaw out.

Are there any "awesome" boat guys in Vancouver/Burnaby?
Every guy I contact starts the conversation with $1000.00.
I was born at night not last night.
I could do the work or I know how, myself. I am not a newbie. Just retired and limited cash on hand now. And no where to work on the boat.

I had one "mechanic" say he wanted $800 bucks to re and re my merc leg. Which I finally did in 15 minutes.

Bridgewater marine will not look at any boat 15 years old or older.

If these prices are accurate, then I just became a marine mechanic, for inboards only. I like car engines. Ya I know the difference too.
Actually I bought all the tools needed to do re and re merc legs and other stuff. I have rebuilt 6 boats in the past.

Anyway are there ANY mobile, reliable marine mechanics that are REASONABLE?
I don't need to have some guy tell me I don't know what I am saying or wanting done.
I once watched a shop bill me for 4 hours while they waited for the steam cleaner to thaw out.
Curious as to what you re and re on your leg in 15 minutes

What did you put in for a stereo and speakers?

Pm me for his details.
Thanks for the kind words, but you left out Ridiculously good-looking!

Shoot me his details and approximate rate? Me and a few buddies always need something done! Do you know if he does detailing/fiberglass work?
You can reach out to me at mike@salusyachtservices.com or message me here. # is 250 6 8 6 9 1 1 6
I subcontract my cut polish and ceramic coating as I am not a pro but I have a guy who is. I haven’t done glass work in a while but depending on what it is I could look at it. My wheel house is electronics and entertainment.

Curious as to what you re and re on your leg in 15 minutes
Yeah, me too! Just did my Bravo 2. Pulling it, grease U-joints and splines, check shaft alignment, replace seals, pull prop and grease, reassemble, check drive lube - 3 hours. My third time so I'm a bit faster, now. Still, the leg is 170 pounds so it's a struggle for a 71 year old guy.

A gasket and bravo 2 to bravo 3
I'll call bullsh*t. ;)
It takes 15 minutes just to get all the tools, seals, grease, rags, solvent, gasket sealant, gear lube, drain pan, lube pump and plug gaskets together. Did you grease the coupler? That's at least 15 minutes, on a good day. Removing the rams is 15 minutes. Pulling the drive loose is 15 minutes. Cleaning up the old seal grooves and cleaning the mating faces is 15 minutes. Applying sealant and installing the o-rings and raw water gasket is at least 15 minutes. Checking the alignment, greasing the U-joints, gimbal bearing and the shaft splines is 15 minutes. Make sure the shift cable coupler is fully extended and open. Now, lift this beatch back up and align the six bolts, check the seals are in place and the shift cable is coupled, then bolt it up and torque the bolts. At least 15 minutes if all goes well. Replace lube oil and gaskets takes a half hour. Pull the prop, grease the splines then torque the nut takes 15 minutes.

That's why it's a 3 hour job - at least. If you ever actually did this job - properly - you would never have said 15 minutes, bud. You could never run a business estimating that way. Next time, can I watch?

Pm me for his details.
@Stizzla What LED strip lighting did you use ?
And where did you get them from ?
Thanks in advance
Btw nice boat

did you use the ones with 3m adhesive tape? I tried those on mine but couldn’t get them to stick to the rough fibreglass on the underside of my gunnels.

I'll call bullsh*t. ;)
It takes 15 minutes just to get all the tools, seals, grease, rags, solvent, gasket sealant, gear lube, drain pan, lube pump and plug gaskets together. Did you grease the coupler? That's at least 15 minutes, on a good day. Removing the rams is 15 minutes. Pulling the drive loose is 15 minutes. Cleaning up the old seal grooves and cleaning the mating faces is 15 minutes. Applying sealant and installing the o-rings and raw water gasket is at least 15 minutes. Checking the alignment, greasing the U-joints, gimbal bearing and the shaft splines is 15 minutes. Make sure the shift cable coupler is fully extended and open. Now, lift this beatch back up and align the six bolts, check the seals are in place and the shift cable is coupled, then bolt it up and torque the bolts. At least 15 minutes if all goes well. Replace lube oil and gaskets takes a half hour. Pull the prop, grease the splines then torque the nut takes 15 minutes.

That's why it's a 3 hour job - at least. If you ever actually did this job - properly - you would never have said 15 minutes, bud. You could never run a business estimating that way. Next time, can I watch?
Well if you are going to count getting tools how about the time it takes to go to the store for refreshments?

Maybe I was not clear, the new leg was prepped already, the shifter on Bravos is almost idiot proof, insert done, alpha's are different, forward and aligning the shifter shaft, a pain in the arse sometimes.

Why on earth would you pump out the leg? Bravo's have a one way check valve.

15 minutes, here's how. Pinch the lube line with vice grips, carefully.
Reach under and disconnect the speedo.
Lower the leg
Using a wrench loosen the nuts then use an electric impact gun. 8 nuts removed and two loosened altogether.
Use a small screw driver to unhook the shifter cable.

Gently or not, pull the leg off. Grease the input shaft of the new leg, replace the gaskets and o rings, use a tiny bit of sealant to keep them in place and insert the new, full of oil leg slide it on, tighten up 6 nuts then reattach rams, disconnect vice grips and top up reservoir, check after using the boat for 10 minutes,

Not my first rodeo, just old with back and knee issues. Sure Bravo's are heavy but still only about 100 lbs or so, easy to tilt, tip and once the drive shaft starts in to the bearing, to wriggle.

This was a re and re

Yeah, me too! Just did my Bravo 2. Pulling it, grease U-joints and splines, check shaft alignment, replace seals, pull prop and grease, reassemble, check drive lube - 3 hours. My third time so I'm a bit faster, now. Still, the leg is 170 pounds so it's a struggle for a 71 year old guy.
I was not clear, this was a re and re with a different leg, I now own two, Bravo 2 and Bravo 3.

Are they really 170 lbs? I thought it was just me getting old, I can still move them around and can lift them, just can't carry them around very far, 67 yrs myself. Mind you my brother and myself used to easily carry 350 cu in complete engines around so never weak before, just grab the exhaust manifolds for good grip, I thought it was just me getting too old is why they felt so heavy. Government used say "Participation" they just never said too much "Participation" means replacing joints later in life

This was not a service of bellows, bearing, shafts, seals and etc... simply take off, put on.

But I bought the proper tools to do most of this now, made it much easier. They were cheap.

Back