ATTN!!! ALL AREA 19-20 FISHERMAN!!!!!

Done. Go Chris! Thank you to those few indivduals on the SFAB that put much time and effort in for us.

Howdy,

Anyone know when they'll notify us if they decide to let us have at the hatchies'?

Cheers,
Terry

I would think that the first you will hear of it would be on the DFO updates on the internet. Keep checking.

For those interested, Emergency Motion: Victoria 110308 Chinook passed UNANIMOUSLY with over 70 YES (in Favour) votes (not one single vote against). I have forwarded the passed motion up the chain to our SFAB Main Board Chair, Marilyn Murphy, who has in turn formally presented it to the department. Our motion now sits in the hands of DFO managers and we eagerly await their response. Will they listen to this advice from the SFAB?

Additional to this motion I have written a letter expressing our growing concern to Fisheries and Oceans Regional Director General, Paul Sprout on behalf of the local salt water anglers who are affected by these changes in the salmon regulations. While we support conserving weak stocks, our exploitation on Early Timed Fraser Chinook stocks in the Victoria area through our mixed stock fishery is really negligible. However, we can be rightfully upset by the officious last minute rush rush bungling nature of how this restrictive regulation was imposed upon us by the department. Especially, as it unfairly further reduces our existing fishery by removing the opportunity to keep a larger than 67 cms adipose-clipped hatchery chinook, which are not a conservation concern.

Thank you all for supporting Victoria's emergency motion by voting and helping us protect our fishery!

Tight lines,

Chris Bos
Chair, Victoria SFAB Committee

For those interested, Emergency Motion: Victoria 110308 Chinook passed UNANIMOUSLY with over 70 YES (in Favour) votes (not one single vote against). I have forwarded the passed motion up the chain to our SFAB Main Board Chair, Marilyn Murphy, who has in turn formally presented it to the department. Our motion now sits in the hands of DFO managers and we eagerly await their response. Will they listen to this advice from the SFAB?

Additional to this motion I have written a letter expressing our growing concern to Fisheries and Oceans Regional Director General, Paul Sprout on behalf of the local salt water anglers who are affected by these changes in the salmon regulations. While we support conserving weak stocks, our exploitation on Early Timed Fraser Chinook stocks in the Victoria area through our mixed stock fishery is really negligible. However, we can be rightfully upset by the officious last minute rush rush bungling nature of how this restrictive regulation was imposed upon us by the department. Especially, as it unfairly further reduces our existing fishery by removing the opportunity to keep a larger than 67 cms adipose-clipped hatchery chinook, which are not a conservation concern.

Thank you all for supporting Victoria's emergency motion by voting and helping us protect our fishery!

Tight lines,

Chris Bos
Chair, Victoria SFAB Committee

Back