ATTN!!! ALL AREA 19-20 FISHERMAN!!!!!

wolf

YOU WANT TO FIGHT BACK WITH THE RECENT CHINOOK REGS HERE IS YOUR CHANCE CUT AND PASTE THIS INFO WITH THE INSTRUCTIONS AND SEND TO CHRIS BOS AND RESPOND YOUR YES OR NO YOU HAVE A VERY LIMITED TIME FRAME SO DO IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HIS EMAIL IS

c.bos@shaw.ca

Dear Victoria area SFAB constituents,

I really need your help with a vote on this emergency recreational fishing advisory motion!
The Emergency Motion Victoria 110308 Chinook is about local chinook salmon angling and is laid out below. Could you please read the motion carefully and cast a vote by email no later than Friday 14th March noon. Please press the reply button and state your position on the motion. Yes (in favour) or No (against) or Abstain
(Reply Example: Emergency Motion Victoria 110308 Chinook - YES, by Chris Bos)
Many thanks for your help with this urgent matter!

Chris Bos,
Victoria SFAB chair
(250) 652-4141

Background and motion:

The local salmon fishing waters between Cadboro Point and Sheringham Point (Areas19.1 - 19. 4 and 20.5) have just had restrictive recreational angling regulations on chinook retention put in place by DFO for the period March 11th to May 15th 2008 (FN0131-Early timed Fraser Chinook: Areas 19 and 20, 29 and Region 2 - Recreational Management Actions). The new regulations now only allow you to retain two chinook per day between 45 cms and 67 cms which was only designed to avoid Early Timed Fraser chinook stocks that are weak. This regulation unfairly removes the opportunity for local anglers to catch and keep the adipose clipped chinook over 67 cms which have been part of our winter/spring fishery catch for years. These adipose-clipped chinook greater than 67cms are not a conservation concern and originate from hatcheries thus are produced to be kept. This motion is designed to reverse the regulation until DFO has sought the necessary acceptance from U.S.A for us to retain these marked chinook as Canada is involved in Pacific Salmon Treaty negoitiations. If passed through this email vote by a majority of our local SFAB constituents (greater than 50% of the constituents), the motion will be forwarded to the SFAB Executive for emergency consideration.

Emergency Motion: Victoria 110308 Chinook:

Where as: FN0131-Early timed Fraser Chinook: Areas 19 and 20, 29 and Region 2 - Recreational Management Actions public notice stated in part that:
Effective 00:01 hrs Tues, March 11 until 23:59 hrs Thurs, May 15, in Subareas 19-1 to 19-4 and Subarea 20-5 (those waters near Victoria between Cadboro Pt to Sheringham Pt) the daily limit is two (2) wild or hatchery marked chinook salmon per day between 45 cm and 67 cm in length. An option to retain hatchery marked chinook greater than 67 cm is still under consideration.

And where as: the recrational chinook salmon fishery in the waters around Victoria in the late winter and early spring are mixed stock fisheries with an extremely low percentage of Early Timed Fraser chinook salmon,

And where as: DFO did not adhere to the advice given by the SFAB on Early Timed Fraser chinook management as presented at the 19th February special Working Group meeting that specifically avoid retention of ET Fraser chinook without damaging the remaining existing chinook fishery in 19.1 - 19.4 and 20.5,

And where as: not being able to retain an adipose clipped chinook over 67 cms is not a conservation issue,

Therefore be it resolved: that DFO immediately rescind the new restriction pertaining to recreational chinook fishing regulations in areas 19.4, 19.3 and 20.5 where a maximum chinook size of 67 cms now exists until such time that DFO permits as part of the two per day limit adipose-clipped chinook greater than 67 cms.

Done! and wish for better times of more notice? While I'm at work Payin the way for the taxman[xx(] they are busy making rules for the time I have off[B)][:0]

Done. I want to keep all you salties out where you belong and not on my fresh water when you are cut off and starved for fishing on the chuck. [8D]

Howdy,

Man, why is that the windows of opportunity to provide input on stuff that affects us, are so small?

Done.

Thanks Wolf.

Thanks for the info, Done like dinner,-Island Idiots

Does DFO actually listen and act on recommendations from the SFAB ?
For that matter, do they listen to anyone or simply act on their
own poor judgement? [V]

quote:Originally posted by Little Hawk

Howdy,

Man, why is that the windows of opportunity to provide input on stuff that affects us, are so small?

Done.

Thanks Wolf.

Because of the timing of the regulation.
Be aware that there will be more of this coming.

Yes it does Scott you can thank them for our halibut this year and them fighting for the spring fishery so far this guy is definattly going out of his way to fight for "US" Thanks to all guys I know it all helps!!!!! SFAB was not a huge voice in the past but now things are changing and every thing WILL help

Thanks for being so positive old black dog guess your definattly a glass empty fellow!!!!!!!!All I asked was send off a letter that was it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!if you did thank you if you didnt so be it enough said!!!!!!!! Im done

Wolf

Thanks for being so positive old black dog guess your definattly a glass empty fellow!!!!!!!!All I asked was send off a letter that was it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!if you did thank you if you didnt so be it enough said!!!!!!!! Im done

Re read what I said in regards to your question."Because of the timing of the regulation.
Be aware that there will be more of this coming".

You need another coffee.:)

Back