Are our fishing licences not a legal document allowing us to keep fish??

Not trying to be argumentative but my understanding is that when we purchase the license we do so knowing that the regulations for any given area can change at any time. This would be the reason they say "you should" check the current regs for your area "every time you go out". It is the fishers responsibility to know what he is allowed to fish, retain etc at all times. Just my understanding of the regs but I'm often wrong,,,,just ask my wife.

You are right Newf, when you buy a license it is subject to conditions of change.
much as I don't like what's going on, that's the reality.

Not trying to be argumentative but my understanding is that when we purchase the license we do so knowing that the regulations for any given area can change at any time. This would be the reason they say "you should" check the current regs for your area "every time you go out". It is the fishers responsibility to know what he is allowed to fish, retain etc at all times. Just my understanding of the regs but I'm often wrong,,,,just ask my wife.

Apparently I'm often wrong too so there you go. :confused::eek::D

Just stating a different point of view, which is what I thought this forum was about. My point was only in principle anyway, I'm not going to complain about paying licence fees, it's a case of beer we're talking about. But as some posters have noted here, emotions are just too high right now with the new regs and unfortunately the forums are grittier because of it. Time to bow out and go enjoy the weather.

Tight lines.

I believe the salmon stamp when it was first introduced was required if you intended to keep any salmon. Now it is required if you intend to fish for salmon.

think of a fishing license as like a license agreement you sign when you apply to websites,.

IT's basically now that you have signed this we can bend you over however we please.

Back