Aquaculture; improving????

What's interesting is that FN's supporting farms are in opposition to the interests of those in the watersheds. I have little doubt fish farms have a negative effect on the juveniles passing them by, and that is a detriment felt by other FN's through the interior of the province. One just has to wake them up to the idea and bring some balance.

I didn't know anyone was reading Seawest? I prefer reading non-fiction. I won't give Fabs the click, sorry.

Well she said the same thing in Port Hardy when doing a farm tour with Mowi and GNN first Nation. DFO is consulting on 2 to 6 year licence renewal for 2024 so I would read that to mean no farms closing next year in 2025 . I think that's why Bob and company are campaining like crazy right now.

Last edited:

If I read this correctly it shows humanity would be better nourished and less wasteful by eating the anchovy and sardines ourselves rather than feeding Atlantic salmon.
Yet another reason to stop messing with nature and eat more sustainably.
Similar to the craze to take Omega -3 oil pills harvested in Antarctica for which there is little evidence and no necessity, as it can easily be had in adequate quantity from olive oil and nuts and many other foods we eat.
Another scam that rapes our food chains and environment- for profit.

BBQ sardines are great.
There are similar issues with all industrial food production, but killing off wild Pacific salmon, critical to this environment and culture would be a disaster.
There are people who simply do not understand this.

Last edited:
I guess there must be some folks thinking they may be sticking around with the investment I posted above. Remember that DFO said transition dies not necessarily mean closing but could also mean transitioning to different technologies of other "transitions" .. what ever that gov speak means???

Back