Anyone lose a rod on the puntledge today ?

-smtw

Found rod/reel below condensory... all I can think of is that someone went for a swim, and let go of their gear. Was in an odd location, obviously came from upstream.
Send me a message with description.

smtw,

I am sure I am speaking for everyone on here by saying a great big thank you to you for going to the effort and taking the time to attempt to find the owner of this equipment. I would never expect to get equipment back if I lost any , but for the person that lost this equipment you are making that a real possibility.

You could always go in to Tyee and Gone Fishing and mention your name and telephone number.Maybe the person will go in there to buy a new one.If whoever goes in to Wal Mart or Canadian Tire,too bad.
Nice of you by the way:D:D:D
I was there on monday,caught LOTS of chum, lost a lot of hooks and leaders;);)
Don

There is more gear on the bottom of the Puntledge than there is in Tyee Marine and Gone fishing combined. I thought it was just end tackle but it looks like it's rods and reels as well. LOL [8D]

quote:Originally posted by Vanisle

This was posted on Craigslist yesterday.

http://comoxvalley.en.craigslist.ca/boa/1442303568.html

Reword fishing rod and reel - $100 (comox)
Date: 2009-10-28, 7:51PM PDT
Reply to: sale-acxys-1442303568@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

$100 Reword for the return of My lost rod & reel I lost in the river under the Condencery bridge on Saturday October 24 . If You find It e mail me and I will tell You what it is thanks .

Thanks for the info (and B.B. for the pm) it was his rig.... Gear was returned to its owner. There was indeed a story behind it, and glad I made the effort.
Dropped it off at his place last night, expecting nothing. He called today to meet up and give me the reward. Nice guy too.
Quite happy with the result of this. ;)

It's good to see that there are honest people still out there....good on ya smtw!

Catch and release -- into my frying pan.

Back