Anyone have a 50 gallon drum that's not held fuel?

FishBC.org

Trying to get my hands on an older 50 gallon drum that didn't hold fuel.

(Plan on cutting for a cardboard / wood burning barrel)

Don't really want one that's held fuel or oil, as they can still be explosive even after flushing.
Just this spring someone back east was shredded cutting one that they filled with water thinking that it would be non explosive.

It's funny you know. Back in the day my grandfather cut numerous tops off old fuel barrels for his at the farm, but all it takes is the wrong spark / wrong barrel.

Not a risk I want to take being educated about it.

May consider one that held diesel only. I could properly vent that at least.

I've got one if your interested in LA (langford area) With removable lid. Going dino fishin ,Will be back tomorrow night SAT.22 Matt

.ORG better look into burning in the valley. I had to get rid of my barrel 2-3 years ago do to new bylaws. If I had another fire I was going to be in alot of trouble.

I do....... But I am not giving up my travel mug.......emo-coffee.gif

Run a hose off you car exhaust into it for awhile before and while your cutting.

That's a redneck way to do things. I've done it in a pinch to fix a diesel tank on a skidder BUT this is highly not recommended... You CAN still go boom with anything gasoline, but not so much diesel... odds are against it but even that small chance, I'm not interested in taking. I've seen results of such on a few occasions. Not perdy.

It's mostly for scrap wood from a wall taken down FA, no household garbage.. Where it will be is fine. They've been burning there alot, but I just want to keep my end tidy.

Back