Any update if the lodges in Haida will open this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has there been any updates in regards to the fishing lodges opening this year up on the Haida? Been quiet and have not heard anything as of yet. Hoping the lodges have a shot this year but not looking good with the recent shut downs.

Central coast lodges are not operating this year either...sheer water, joes, oles, HaKai etc

QCL says they opening.
Haida will be Vaccinated by then. No reason to keep it shut down.

Our lodges plan to operate and Im proceeding under that assumption, but with the recent spike in cases and new variants in BC it wouldnt surprise me if it all gets shut down again. Most of the eligible Haida should be vaccinated by now or in the near future.

Id honestly like to see a month long lockdown to get things back under control before summer, otherwise I cant see any businesses operating normally.

Our lodges plan to operate and Im proceeding under that assumption, but with the recent spike in cases and new variants in BC it wouldnt surprise me if it all gets shut down again. Most of the eligible Haida should be vaccinated by now or in the near future.

Id honestly like to see a month long lockdown to get things back under control before summer, otherwise I cant see any businesses operating normally.
Right? 2 weeks. Harsh lock down it’s all done. I thought we should’ve done that from day one.

Last edited:
Only if they don't allow any inbound people by land or sea
Exactly. Wrong thread for this so I’ll finish with would’ve been a lot cheaper for the feds to pay for those original travellers 2 week hotel stay than what we’ve spent to date. Everyone after those Initial couple weeks, no entry til pandemics over.

Before this heads deeper into another Covid discussion, the ask was about Haida Gwaii lodges. A quick check shows most or all the lodges are gearing up to operate this summer. If something changes, no one will know until it does, so given the question has been answered this one has run it's course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back