Any Sunshine coast fisher's ?????

Been out from gibson's a few time's lately. Bowen, Keat's, Gower ect. The Fishing has been the ****'s.[xx(] A few shackers here and there is about it. Got one 15 @ tunstal last weekend after way to many hours of cursing. Thank god for prawns to keap me sane. Sook is starting to sound good.(way to far with winter weather) Going to try Halfmoon bay, secret cove, Epson area this weekend. Will give an update. If there's any sunshine coast fisher's out there it would be great to here from you. Thanx for listening to my wine!:D

I'm setting priorities & making time for fishing.

Have a family cabin near Camp Byng. The crabbing is the only thing that's kept me sane this year. The fishing has been pretty bad, although... I didn't get the opportunity to put too many hours in though.

I just fish out of a tin can, so I primarily fish from the pump house down to Chaster Point. I occassionally make a run down to Gower or Salmon Rock if the weather is good. I might try prawning sometime, but the bottom is primarily sand where I am.... so I think that limits my chances.

Next to nothing to fish for there now hasn't been anything worth spending a dime to chase after for at least a dozen years.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
freshwaterlagoonnuquicw3.jpg

My secret cove area trip never happened so no update. Think there must be fish down that way around now? Made it out for a couple hour's sunday. Tryed salmon rock then tunstal bay. Got skunked. I saw lot's of fish on the TV, unfortunatly they were in 300plus feet of water down 250plus deep. Wasn't rigged to fish that deep. Will fix that problem this week & give it another go next weekend.

Pablo, Ive pulled some nice slab's(20/30t)of gospal rock around dec jan feb time of year.(still a few residents about). Thats not too far for your tin can, & Prawn's live in the sand! Good Luck

quote:Originally posted by Dogbreath

Next to nothing to fish for there now hasn't been anything worth spending a dime to chase after for at least a dozen years.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
freshwaterlagoonnuquicw3.jpg

Yea there is, where did you get your info? last year we had 8 fish mornings on that side of 10-20 pound springs. This year wasnt as good but we still hit alot of fish the spots we fish arent that far from secret cove. Sure its not like it used to be but where is?

quote:Originally posted by kelly

Yea there is, where did you get your info? last year we had 8 fish mornings on that side of 10-20 pound springs. This year wasnt as good but we still hit alot of fish the spots we fish arent that far from secret cove. Sure its not like it used to be but where is?
Ha Kelly, havn't been down secret cove way for a couple months now, I'm due. (bit of a haul from Gibson's) Have you been out recently? It would be nice to hear there's some fish coming in, some motivation would make fueling up for a trip a little less painfull.

Havent been out in a long time at school in alberta. I did hear of a few getting caught straight across on the island side. We did our best Mid june-mid july then again mid august over there. Bigredsnapper and i hit sangster near lasqueti last febuary hit 2 but thats the only time i tried for winters over there. Guys still hit them mooching live bait outta secret i wanna try that one day.

Hey Gone fishen, I'm moored in gibsons marina. It's been an awfull year for me personally. However I'm lookin forward to a good winter.Last winter it was good in front of keats dock. A buddy of mine got 2 keepers sunday over at gambier. Maybe good things to come. Good luck

Hey Gone fishen, I'm moored in gibsons marina. It's been an awfull year for me personally. However I'm lookin forward to a good winter.Last winter it was good in front of keats dock. A buddy of mine got 2 keepers sunday over at gambier. Maybe good things to come. Good luck

Ha offender, nice to no there's some local talent on this site. Thought everyone left town for winter.(wimps). What was buddy catchen? Don't tell me he was snagen them ugly, old dogs in long bay. :D
Was he fishen super deep 250t maybe or did he find some feeders hangen in decent depths over that way. All the fish I found sunday were in 300t ft water down 250t deep! Never made it to keats though.
Thanks for the post.

Ha offender, nice to no there's some local talent on this site. Thought everyone left town for winter.(wimps). What was buddy catchen? Don't tell me he was snagen them ugly, old dogs in long bay. :D
Was he fishen super deep 250t maybe or did he find some feeders hangen in decent depths over that way. All the fish I found sunday were in 300t ft water down 250t deep! Never made it to keats though.
Thanks for the post.

Damn canucks.....just when ya think were gettin someplace HaHa. sorry just had to get that out. Anyway back to fishing. At grace islands 125' to 160'. Will be out this weekend so I hope to fill the freezer(ya right) probably lose another cannonball. cheers

Thanks GF. I'll give prawning a try straight out sometime. For some reason, I got the impression that you had to be over a rocky bottom for prawns. I've got a trap, it's just that I am wary to leave it out there for long due to the log boom traffic. Guess I should try some short soaks and see what happens (and stay nearby in case).

My tin can is woefully underpowered, so even a run to Gospel/Salmon is quite an undertaking. So, if you see a tin can with PJ's written on the bow... that's me.

Back