Any reports from Winter Harbour????

M

mikevv

Any reports?? How are the KKK guides making out??? Brother in law is there now will report when he gets home in 8 days.
Thanks, Mike

Brother in law and crew had a good time with the KK Killers and they lived up to their name,lots of big ling south of brooks and lots of big halibut 20 miles north of the light house. Salmon was good out front as usual. weather was good but the water was big with large waves.

the report I gave was from July 20th and yes some fish were comming from the inside
When are you going up??
Mike

A workmate and two of is friends got back last Thursday after 4 days up there. Brought back their limits of halibut ling and yelloweye. They fell 2 short on the salmon. We are catching them around here now more than the last few years, so it always nice to go out for a fresh one.

hey tide up, i think you should take me with you........lol

the lighthouse was hot last week but really slow this week. Lots of springs offshore deep that fight like rock cod.Lots of snapper Hali and ling just outside.

Oh ya, watch out for blue sharks, there was lots of them off Lippy and will steal your salmon. We had to push one away from the back of the boat with our harpoon.

They bagged a 231lb hali this week and had to lift it with a crane. I'm sure it will be on the front cover of their brochure.

just got home from winter on sat its a discrace about the lodges getting all those breeders of hali and lings they brought in a 67 pound ling and i bet it tastes like **** .anyway on a positive note we did very well on chickens got our limit one nice 50 pounder great eater got a few ling .Spring fishing was awsome about 6 miles out from lippy biggest we got was 33 and lost a bunch more good ones coho was picking up preeety well great time had by all lots of barleys cosumed looking forward to going back next year good luck to all and have fun Trevor

Trevor, glad to hear you did well and it does not suprise me in the least about the KKK boys killing everything big. I have fished there since kenny and the killers moved there from nootka they seem to pride themselves in filling limits with very large bottom fish (all females)if you have ever go to a trade show and they are there take a look at the pics of all the huge females they killed.
Trevor how big were the coho, were they on the inside and did you fish around cliff point at all?? Also were there many pinks??
Thanks
Mike

CA, yes you are right, but now the kkk boys have to go 25 miles each way of Quasinto Sound to get their fish because the fish are not close anymore. They don't even use coolers anymore for their guests they use steel totes that need to be lifted by an electric winch. It is overkill, why not let each boat get one big ling or halibut and then catch chickens.
Then lets talk about all the yelloweye that are caught and die on the surface after they let them go in search of 1 more hallie over 80 to complete the limit; what a joke, in order for these rock fish to get to 10 lbs they are very old and they are floating on the surface with the gulls eating them.
Sorry I don't buy it
Mike

hey mike we found the coho were 6to 10 pounds some guys were getting some biggerones around 12 to 15 all around the lighthouse .We did not go to cliffs point every one was getting them at the lighthouse there were a few pinks coming in not very many they were getting some nice springs at the house as well.I have no comment about the KKK i dont want to **** anyone off so i will keep my mouth shut.Talk to you later Bye Trevor

Back