Any recomendations for recoating the floor in a Double Eagle??

Deck kote from Home Depot. Rubberized paint for sundecks. It holds up for 3-4 seasons of tough use for me

If you are interested in Kiwigrip do a quick search on you tube. There is several videos showing different application techniques. Seems to be the easiest way to get a durable non skid deck.

I would stick with gelcoat as well. It can be sanded when it gets worn and re-applied over and over giving the deck a new again look. If I was buying a used boat that had a rubber floor applied I would automatically think it is there to hide something and would probably walk away. Just me.

+1 on the gel coat .....easy to apply with a roller

If the boat is older, mine I think is a 1970, the floor will show cracks a lot more than a newer one. I used to repair plywood and gelcoat once a year to stop seepage.
It was not fun. Since I had the rino liner sprayed in and up all sides a couple inches, all I do now is fish. No more itchy scratchy.

I'm seriously thinkin' bout' using that heavy garage-floor vinyl roll stuff they sell at Costco. It goes on sale for $150.00 or so and there's probably enough to do a couple or more average sized boats. That stuff is bullet-proof, impervious to oil/gas etc. and should provide good traction with all the dimple things on it.

My only concern is that it's quite dark in colour and might be a ***** in the heat of summer.

Forgot to mention the floor is glass over ply , just starting to wear through the glass Not sure if I should glass it then something overtop?

Back