Any one familiar with the volvo penta aq 115 inboard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

motherwell1010

Hi i have an older 115 penta inboard which was running fine and now seems to overheat quite easily and is ruffer at starting but fine once going.when its first warming up it will start to rev the rpms and about after 1200 rpm will just bogg out if im trying to accelarate.once i leave warmed up for half hour this problem goes away .could this be a possible carb issue i am having .any help would be appreciated from peeps with experience with the 115 or similar volvo engines.

no offence but you clearly do not have a clue. Take it to a mechanic and be very weary of advice on a public forum.

no offence but you clearly do not have a clue. Take it to a mechanic and be very weary of advice on a public forum.

This is where a good mechanic earns his reputation. Possibly save you money, time and have reliability in the long run. Also, won't worry you on the water.

Yeah I was going to try and offer some advice but you have a number of issues going on here. And I have to agree with IFL's comment " clearly you don't have a clue"
To try and get into it here would be a lesson in frustration.
One piece of advice. Start with a compression test and see what sort of readings you get. My guess is one or more cylinders are low.... but who knows?

lol thanks guys rebuilt the carb today and got rid of my problem and as for the leg gonna take it to get the seals replaced at a shop.

Back